Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting teary-eyed right now as I write this...My first love was killed two days ago. I was pulling out of school, and was on my to the local costco when a black Concorde slammed on it's brakes...the red ranger infront of me locked up his and I slammed on mine...Thank god for ABS...the front end of a mustang vs. the rear end of a ranger...obvious who would have won that. Anyway, I hadn't been speeding and was a safe distance away...Im not one to tailgate. Before I had a chance to feel relief, a Toyota 4 Runner driven by a pot-head from my school with no insurance rear-ends me moving me about 10 feet forward, and then another student from my school, a girl with an uninsured Ford Rio, Rear ends him. The rear fender must had shifted forward beacuse I couldn't get the drivers side door open...I crawled out the passenger side, called 911, made sure everyone was alright, then looked at the damage. His front bumper was inside my trunk, and my left tail light was inside, shatered...the lock had fallen out of the keyhole even. According to the police reports, that dumb*** hadn't tried using his brakes, instead he attempted to change lanes and when became aware that another car was in the next lane over, he'd already hit me. I had to go to the repair shop today to make sure i had all my stuff out of the car before they totalled it. I admit it, I stood there hugging my car for a miniute knowing full well I'd probably never see it again. I cried when I got home...first time since I was nine. Everyone I know seems to think it's no big deal since our insurance will pay us off, and I'll have another car. To me, that car had its own personallity, it took care of me and was always faithfull...I had a great deal of respect for it. So, I came here...anyone else feel my pain...or is your car just a machine? I can't stop feeling like it's much more than that

·
Registered
383 Posts
i know what you mean about loving your car, but as STL said, at least you were not hurt. you can get a new mustang, it may not be the same as the one that was totalled; but you can start a new relationship with the new one.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
glad your ok.

No pics ?

·
Registered
286 Posts
i understand how you feel, if anything happened to my car i would be physically ill. That being said it is true at least you are ok, and with time you'll embrace a new stang

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yea that's not cool. Sorry to hear about it. Most of the people here on this site have a deep appreciation for their cars. Or wouldn't be here. You'll find the word love used to describe the cars and mods to their cars everywhere. So I'd say yes people feel your pain. Hope you find a new "friend" to help out with that Mustang passion.

·
Registered
649 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
well like every one else said, glad to see your ok bro.. i would be sad if i lost my car too but better the stang than your health

:nono: :nono:have a little sympathy....
haha i was thinking the same thing as him..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yes, I feel your pain. My car was hit Wednesday also but luckily it was minor damage to the right side so I'll get her repaired and we'll be happy again. At least she will still be with me>

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I can feel you on that. Sorry to hear about that.

I don't know how I would feel if someone were to total my car. I have put so much money, time, energy, and effort into finding the best parts(for my goals) and putting them onto my car. I would not be a happy person when I got out of the car. Someone would definitely be doing some explaining(6'4", 225Lbs). lol

If you are going to get a new Mustang look for a V6 that has some work done to it. You can usually find V6 Mustang's that have been lowered, have rims, or have a dual exhaust or CAI for the same price as a stock V6. Unless you are going to get a GT now. I assume that you won't get a GT since you had a V6 to start with.

·
Registered
582 Posts
That is hard! Glad you're alright. You just gotta move forward and make the best of the situation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hadn't dumped all that much money into it, some valve stem caps with running ponies, But that was about it. It was the dreams though, I wanted a 35th anniversary hoodscoop and hood stripe with 03 mach 1 wheels. Chrome tipped dual exhaust, and the list went on. Of course, me being a Highschool student, Just having a mustang was good enough for the time being. But it was all about hope, and the future and potential i saw in that car. Then crawling out of the passenger side and seeing a Toyota 4 Runner bumper embeded in my trunk...That was sad.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I feel your pain, happy your ok. and I know how you feel I won't even drive my 05 in the snow cause they salt the roads here in the winter. and I kind of freak out if I find a scratch on it. and would feel the same as you if it ever got totaled. but I can tell you this the new 4.0l v6 is pretty sweet and with a cai and a tuner it just gets better. and the 25 mpg is nice too. hope you find a new car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just an update...It'd cost around 8 g's to get it fixed. The car is only worth around 6. So it's getting totalled, definetely. Kind of excited to go car shopping again tho, with 6 grand in my pocket. XD according to the X-rays i got today, my back is really screwed up. I lost the curvature of my spine, and I found out I have a few worn disks...and Im only 16 :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey man. I am sorry to hear about your ride. Tough break. :(

I had a similar incident happen to me last summer with my 99 convertible. The total cost of the damages was about eight grand and the insurance company went ahead and paid for the repairs. I had a lady back into my passenger side door in a parking lot once also. Insurance fixed that too.

But I do feel you. If I lost my car completely, I would cry too. But at least the insurance company is gonna cut you a check. That's a pretty decent down payment on something newer if you decide to go that route. You could find something similar to what you already had and nearly purchase it straight up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.