Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad (johnr2001) and i just did a pi swap with hitech stage 2 cams on my 98 mustang gt. on first start the car idled fine we took a good look for leaks and all and i took it for a slow spin got to a stop sign and it cut off. there is no misses or anything and going down the road its perfectly fine. just when i stop or push in the clutch and let it idle down. but in gear moving its good. ever since the first start it wont idle it just dies. it will try a little and bobble around 500 rpms for a second but just cant keep it up. im pretty sure all plugs and lines are connected i double checked but i might go over again just to be sure. any advice greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Check the IAC. It COULD be a lot of things, but that is what popped into my mind first thing.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Try cleaning the iac, its often the cause of poor idle, but I don't believe in coincidence, there may be an issue with the install, but usually there would be other symptoms. Do you have a tuner?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try cleaning the iac, its often the cause of poor idle, but I don't believe in coincidence, there may be an issue with the install, but usually there would be other symptoms. Do you have a tuner?
i will try that thanks guys. and no i dont have a tuner i need to order one asap lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also found a red line about 4 inches long with a rubber boot on it. no idea where it came from it was laying in engine bay

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
looks like the vacuum line that plugs into the drivers side fuel rail thing. i dont know why it would be cut so short though? anyways if it's not that it looks like some sort of vacuum line.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like the vacuum line that plugs into the drivers side fuel rail thing. i dont know why it would be cut so short though? anyways if it's not that it looks like some sort of vacuum line.
thanks for the help. yeah it looks like a broken vaccum line. on cold start the car idles like a champ put when u give it some gas and let it idle it dies. im gonna give it a good look and see if i can find it

·
Registered
613 Posts
Your car will idle like poop if it has a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
the car idles great when its first started (cold) and runs like a raped ape. it just wont idle after it warms up. I am going out shorlty to check it over again.

the swap consisted of 04 pi heads,pi intake,Hitech stage 2 cams,new upper plenum, and new 75 mm tb

I will post some more pictures as well. the swap when very well over all.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
+1 on vaccum leak. It could run great but once you stop, the idle will be crap.
did you take any pics of the vaccum lines/connectors before the swap? Once you find out where it goes, that should fix the problem.

P

·
0 Posts
that pic looks like the vacuum line that goes to the fuel regulator on the fuel rail. thats the round thingy on the fuel rail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.