Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MI have an 02 V6 with 97k miles which is a daily driver and i usually get around 10-11- maybe 12 MPG. [i switch gears before 2.5 RPM]. Car also had a tune up done about a month ago.

3 days ago I went on a 200 road trip and I filled up 5 gallons before i started the journey (Low fuel light was on when i filled it up).

With that 5 Gallons i drove 172 Miles before the low fuel light came on which then i filled up the tank and reached my destination with still the needle on the Full.

I was wondering what could be the reason of this, i mean if i average over 30MPG highway but i only get 10MPG city...There has to be something wrong here lol :yelwacko:

·
Registered
69 Posts
My car is nearly exactly the same, minus 2k miles but I get around 15 city (although it's more town than city so factor that into it...) but when I took a similar road trip I got the same, 30ish. So your not alone :) lol

·
Registered
795 Posts
If there's a lot of stop and go in the city or wherever you're driving then that could also be the reason

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
idling KILLS gas mileage.. i used to get really low mileage like that but i've adjusted how i drive and maybe its just psychological effects but my mods helped out i think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts