Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say, I felt like Ed Grimley after putting on my latest mods this afternoon, I must say...

http://www.fordmustangstore.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=48872

The door handle covers arrived and they were just so cheesy-looking, I must say...plastic with shiny chrome paint on one side and 3M tape on the other. I had a few second thoughts, more than a few, I must say...and then I put them suckers on and started feeling Grimley all over. Had to rush inside and pull the wifey out to look. They are really fantastic, I must say...

The afternoon light was gone by the time I got over the spasms, so I'll snap a few shots tomorrow morning and add 'em to this post. I could see where they wouldn't work for every Stanger color -- Legend Limer and the Yellow Screamer come to mind -- but the baby blue and silver mojo is really workin' for the ol' Dix...

Are those exterior mirror covers next? Yeah, probly...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
zregime said:
I must say, I felt like Ed Grimley after putting on my latest mods this afternoon, I must say...

http://www.fordmustangstore.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=48872

The door handle covers arrived and they were just so cheesy-looking, I must say...plastic with shiny chrome paint on one side and 3M tape on the other. I had a few second thoughts, more than a few, I must say...and then I put them suckers on and started feeling Grimley all over. Had to rush inside and pull the wifey out to look. They are really fantastic, I must say...

The afternoon light was gone by the time I got over the spasms, so I'll snap a few shots tomorrow morning and add 'em to this post. I could see where they wouldn't work for every Stanger color -- Legend Limer and the Yellow Screamer come to mind -- but the baby blue and silver mojo is really workin' for the ol' Dix...

Are those exterior mirror covers next? Yeah, probly...
Yeah, i think those would work on your car... looking forward to seeing some pics! And I think you're right, don't think they would work on mine... however those mirror covers do look pretty nice!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Now forgive me...aint personal but heh I am gunna voice my opinion. Shed a little more light into the kind a guy I am.... hahaha I have seen these for a while on Ebay and thought NO WAY!! kinda like the woodgrain dash to me....

I don't like them. I am glad Ford painted the gas tank door too. I have seen a few of them darn chrome doors (not the billet but just plain chromed doors!) I feel the same about the door handles and the mirrors. I am painting my mirrors to match the paint. I like stuff to blend in, not stick out and say "Heh look at me !.... I am a door handle!"...

well, I HOPE you take them off friend!

Rustang...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Interesting!!!!

I'm holding off any opinions (to myself - the fact that you like 'em is all that counts) until I see pix - BUT - sorry, but if you're gonna go old -school, your talking chrome babeee! Only problem might be, getting enough of it, in the rightplaces, to make it all look like it really belongs - as opposed to a piece here and a piece there, y'know?

I remember spending hours and hours polishing all the gorgeous chrome on my old '66.........and personally think that my own color (Mineral Grey) would look, just HOT - with some chrome in the right places.

I'm kinda like a crow in that regard tho....fixated by the shiny thing!!!!! :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got a satin silver 05 GT. I hate the mirrors. I'm waiting for some cool aftermarket ones. I did playaround with the idea of putting the chrome mirror covers on them. Personally, I think it makes them stand out (not a good thing) even more. I photoshopped a pic of my car with the original ones and then with the chrome ones.

Gig4Fun said:
Now forgive me...aint personal but heh I am gunna voice my opinion. Shed a little more light into the kind a guy I am.... hahaha I have seen these for a while on Ebay and thought NO WAY!! kinda like the woodgrain dash to me....

I don't like them. I am glad Ford painted the gas tank door too. I have seen a few of them darn chrome doors (not the billet but just plain chromed doors!) I feel the same about the door handles and the mirrors. I am painting my mirrors to match the paint. I like stuff to blend in, not stick out and say "Heh look at me !.... I am a door handle!"...

Rustang...

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Gig4Fun said:

Rustang...

Accents, whether interior, exterior or under the hood can really enhance the appearance of any vehicle if done tastefully. I think the key is patience. A little at a time. The exterior of my car is still plain except for the Billet gas door. I did see some really nice graphics that looked like 3-D black honeycomb that could go near the hood and side scoops but I can't find the site again. Anyway, I think the chrome handles looked good on the dark blue.:)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah-ight, here's the pics of the door handle...

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
zregime said:
Ah-ight, here's the pics of the door handle...
It sure looks purdy with that color!
Good choice hang in there man, people will come around your way I bet... I DID!!!

:eyepoppin

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok, when I saw the post title I thought 'rice-a-roni". After seeing the pics I have to admit that it does look 60s retro. Probley not for me on my Redfire, but they look nice on your blue. My only thought, all the pics are of the driver door, Im guessing the passenger door has no keyhole. Now no keyhole on the driver door would be the hotness.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stoopy said:
Interesting!!!!

I'm holding off any opinions (to myself - the fact that you like 'em is all that counts) until I see pix - BUT - sorry, but if you're gonna go old -school, your talking chrome babeee! Only problem might be, getting enough of it, in the rightplaces, to make it all look like it really belongs - as opposed to a piece here and a piece there, y'know?

I remember spending hours and hours polishing all the gorgeous chrome on my old '66.........and personally think that my own color (Mineral Grey) would look, just HOT - with some chrome in the right places.

I'm kinda like a crow in that regard tho....fixated by the shiny thing!!!!! :D
I hear ya, Stoops...more chrome is what's needed for America. You think chrome, you think loud, you think hair bands, Ratt, Twisted Sister...the debut album from The Cars, you got the brown-eyed babe, you got yer see-through steering wheel, and yeah, you got yer CHROME! I could write sonnets to it:

My love is like chrome
That shines in the night...
etc

But no, chromin' up thee Mineralite, yes it would be tight. Draw out the subtle richness of that hue, methinks.

Also: I was worried about getting the daily handprint oil on the thing and then looking like Monk as I grabbed the hanky I keep in the rear seat and polishing up the door handle...but eet eez no problem! Yer fingers actually make contact with the underside of the handle, you pull it open, no fuss, no muss! Most excellent...

Chromium nation, baby!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm not big on chrome, but I had thought about these back when I first got my car. Problem was no one made any yet.
They give the car more of an old school, 60's look. I like 'em. If they came in a brushed finished, I'd probably get some.
Thanks for the pics.

(BTW, you guys need to learn how to resize pictures)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts