Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello everyone, I'm gonna be short cause I'm tired as hell I work 24 hrs tomorrow and I worked 24 on saturday. SO I spent my sunday with the second best thing ever (my family is 1st... still) MY CAR at mid michigan mustang clubs show.
It was a great time like 350 cars, all fords all the time. I entered my V6 and tried to repersent it well.
I got to meet Scrmn and let me tell you guys pictures don't do the car JUSTICE, The Mistress is a BAD RIDE, It even looks mean! Those seat make the whole car POP! and I got to tell you I don't think John talks MRT up enough, they make some bad rides but the mistress still stands out.
I was up against about 13 S197, 3 Roushs, 3 GT500, 5 GT's and 2 other 6's. Some of those car were brilliant and dazzeling! I got great compliments on my car and the DeMouletl was a huge hit (many questions about it) my brake calipers were also asked about alot (I dig those!) and I got lots of compliments about the COLOR (TUNGSTEN). I stayed until the awards were given and sadly I didn't win any (the roushs in a sweep) and I am slightly disappointed. I'll live thou!
It was a great time I meets some great people, seen some awesome cars (I'll post pics tomorrow) and got a really bad sunburn on my face!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Welcome to the darkside! Car shows do get addictive. I'm with you in that famly comes first. It's really great when you can bring your family to the show. I was able to do that a couple of weeks ago. The show was held in conjunction with a county fair, so the wife got to see the crafts and be with the family, the kids got rides, and I got the car show. I took home a third place trophy. I was in a group of cars from 2000 and newer. I got beat by a 3-day old Charger R/T Hemi. I still had fun with the family. My 5-year old daughter loves to go to shows with me.
Most shows do things slightly different. Some go by age, others by manufacturer. I held my own in a show to benefit the MDA. I was grouped with cars from 1974 and newer, and still managed to take home a Top-25 out of almost 100 cars. At Mustang shows, they're usually divided up into body styles, etc. In the S197 group, Roush, Saleen, Cobra, GT, V6, all get a different category. Some even break out coupe or convertible.
Even if you don't win, the people are the best. Rarely do you find snobbery, and most people are willing to share ideas. I also like the fact that most shows benefit some good organization like MDA, food kitchens, or children's hospitals. Hot rodders, I have found, are a very generous group of people and I pride myself at being counted among them.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
After 25 years of car shows I pretty much gave it up.I did however attend the Wild West Car Show yesterday here in Denver,Co. 606 cars on the show field made it a hugh success.Although I entered my 07'GO I didn't expect any awards due to some very tricked out 05-07'Mustangs there.The weather was great and I did have a chance to help some kid pick up a few points on an a late model Mustang he entered,he didn't win but he felt his car looked better and didn't realize how much more you can do to win awards.He is about 20-30 points from taking home some gold.
Just remember that there are many cars that are really nice that go home empty handed but having a day in the sun with car people,it just doesn't get any better.Poco

·
Registered
179 Posts
I went to a show on Saturday as well and was grouped in the 98 and up catagory against 2 Stage 1 Roush Mustangs. One has some nice 20" Chrome wheels, but the other had the stock 17" painted grey... needless to say, the stock Roush Mustangs beat me. Ah well, like my brother said to me afterwards... "You can't win them all!"

-danny

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I took 3rd place in the show I attended this weekend, only because it was a rather small show. Other than that Im getting tired of the car show scene. Ill explain, the mustangs that have beat me out in a few shows were sad, just plain sad. Not detailed at all, engine compartments filthy, and little or no dress up's, not that those matter really. Just tired of the guys who dont even have the hoods open taking the trophies. If your hoods not open, should be automaticly a no win situation IMO.
Maybe the next show Ill just leave the hood shut!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Stoenr said:
I took 3rd place in the show I attended this weekend, only because it was a rather small show. Other than that Im getting tired of the car show scene. Ill explain, the mustangs that have beat me out in a few shows were sad, just plain sad. Not detailed at all, engine compartments filthy, and little or no dress up's, not that those matter really. Just tired of the guys who dont even have the hoods open taking the trophies. If your hoods not open, should be automaticly a no win situation IMO.
Maybe the next show Ill just leave the hood shut!
I hear you... I'm going to be more selective on what car shows I enter... Example I went to the is car show last year. I won "Domestic - Wild - All years". Same show this year... they changed the format to No Classes - Participant Judged... Plaques to the top 50 cars (out of 106)... I came home empty handed... while a POS Nissan 240 (that really had the snot beat out of it, with the hood DOWN!) took home a plague... So... from now on I'll be sticking with show that have a least some kind of classes and preferably be "judged"... not the good 'ol boy buddy voting system! LOL!

BTW... Was greating meeting Ron and getting to check out his great looking ride! LOL!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great to hear all the stories and it is a great experience at the show. The people make it and @fishing Great car man. If you ever get to michigan check out the mistress at a show, it is awesome!
I think I'll do more shows with my car but I will be going just to meet the people.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
fishingjts said:
So... from now on I'll be sticking with show that have a least some kind of classes and preferably be "judged"... not the good 'ol boy buddy voting system! LOL!
That's very true, I agree 100%. I've been to a couple of shows where the car clubs get together and vote for each others cars. Hey, if the piece of plastic and aluminum means so much to you...that's your problem. I had a good time anyway. The best shows are the Judged shows because the judges know what they're looking at. And they seem to appreciate the car for the work you put into it. It's nice to win an award, but it's the people that make it worthwile.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
myltlpny said:
That's very true, I agree 100%. I've been to a couple of shows where the car clubs get together and vote for each others cars. Hey, if the piece of plastic and aluminum means so much to you...that's your problem. I had a good time anyway. The best shows are the Judged shows because the judges know what they're looking at. And they seem to appreciate the car for the work you put into it. It's nice to win an award, but it's the people that make it worthwile.
Well, said!! (filler)

·
Registered
867 Posts
myltlpny said:
Don't assume the judges know what they are looking at. I won second place at a judged show and there was no way I should have even placed. The class was 94 to present Modified Muscle and I was up against some pretty heavily modified early cars including an 01 Mach with a full roll cage, rear seat delete and Recaro racing seats. The judge walked past every car except mine and an 06 coupe. The 06 took first. We talked to the judge and he said that our cars were automatically 75 point cars because they were new. I'm probably the first trophy winner in history to protest the win.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts