Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was dyno day at a local shop so I said why not try.

It was raining today with humidity at 94% and temperature of 59F. Also, the dyno used was a MAHA dyno.

My mods:
- Mac ProChamber O/R
- Diablosport Predator
- Granatelli Intake Plenum
- Homemade CAI(I doubt that helped at all) :p
As you can see, Im running REALLY rich, 12:1 to 11:1 A/F ratio. I'm going have to lean it out with Predator and go back for another run.

So, what do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I've heard that yanking the cats off the exhaust will throw the mixture pretty rich, did you have to put O2 eliminators on with that pipe?? I made it about 2 weeks before I ever got a code when I had mine. Get that AFR fixed and you'll have some really good power, you're making decent numbers now. It'll only get better with a custom tune.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BlueStreak03 said:
I've heard that yanking the cats off the exhaust will throw the mixture pretty rich, did you have to put O2 eliminators on with that pipe?? I made it about 2 weeks before I ever got a code when I had mine. Get that AFR fixed and you'll have some really good power, you're making decent numbers now. It'll only get better with a custom tune.
Didn't need O2 eliminators, I just turned them off with Diablosport Predator. I'm going to have to lean it out and go back to dybo to try again.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Hrm.... i need to know what i am putting down. I have BBK O/R Xpipe, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, A-Spec CAI, Steeda Shifter, Diablo Sport Predator.

This is the 2nd car that has similar modifications as my car.

What do you think i am putting down ( i ask because i cant aford to get car dynoed now because ineed new front tires and gears after that lol.

anyhow let me know

G

·
What year of stang is this on and auto or manual? Yeah offroad pipes will make u run rich. I was before i had a tune. I am interested to see what my car would do now as well. I bet pretty close to these numbers above.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'm betting you're making pretty much the same power as Twitch.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Me or MBHmustang ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mbhmustang1998 said:
What year of stang is this on and auto or manual? Yeah offroad pipes will make u run rich. I was before i had a tune. I am interested to see what my car would do now as well. I bet pretty close to these numbers above.
Sorry, forgot to mention the car. My car is a 2001 Mustang GT 5sp. my best time is 13.844 @ 102.85

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Why did they end the run so early? Your power curve was still climbing and they just stopped the run at 4800 rpms. You left 5 or 10 hp on the table.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Monkey Boy said:
Why did they end the run so early? Your power curve was still climbing and they just stopped the run at 4800 rpms. You left 5 or 10 hp on the table.
That I have no clue why. This is my first dyno ever so I didn't know what's supposed to happened. I checked other peoples dyno graph from that day, they all went to redline. For some reason, he backed of on my car:sosad:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'd take the sheet back to him and see if he'll do at least one run all the way to redline. I think my power peaked around 53-5400 RPM at 242.

G

·
Monkey Boy said:
I was gonna say that too. I dynoed 282 and 247 with flowmasters and an FIPK on an 02. You still got some power left. Also looking at your MPH on your track time, that tells me you have something left also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.