Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my e brake on my 93 2.3 doesnt work my mothers boyfriend is a mechanic and say that the cables arent streched out the the whole handle assembly in the car needs to be changed does anyone know were i can get one for cheap under fifty bucks used or new. New is prefrable but im limmited on money.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Does the parking brake not work at all or isn't holding your 'tang like it should? There's a good deal of things (parts) that are in parking brake system that can cause the parking brake/e brake not to hold.
Parts yards are your best bet for cheap parking brake handles, PLUS they will always ( OK...nearly always ) have the console and seats removed already.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
154 Posts
Does the parking brake not work at all or isn't holding your 'tang like it should? There's a good deal of things (parts) that are in parking brake system that can cause the parking brake/e brake not to hold.
Parts yards are your best bet for cheap parking brake handles, PLUS they will always ( OK...nearly always ) have the console and seats removed already.:bigthumbsup
I'm having a similar problem. mine, however, isnt really holding. It does hold some but its barely noticeable, and i have to pull it wayyyyy to its limit. I there a way to adjust it?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the ajuster is on the back of the drum at least theat is were mine is but i have a 93 so if you have a pree 91 it might be different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.