Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Haven't had any ticking problems, build date 4/1/10 (yes, really). Had the oil changed at 7500 miles.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh and I'm still running the engine hard. While the tick doesn't seem to affect performance, it's still not right. If every car had it I would live with it, but its only a issue with a small group of cars.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just out of curiosity isn't there the "lemon law" that, from what I understand/remember, if you take a car to the dealer for the same problem 3 times and it persists you have the option for the dealer or whomever refund your purchase?

·
Registered
319 Posts
my car at 3K miles never had a tick..... my car is tickless!
:yup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
my car at 3K miles never had a tick..... my car is tickless!
:yup:
Ok thanks...

Anyways I'm going to have a another dealership take a quick look at it tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what they think. Under load it does some more like a lash adjuster now.

F

·
0 Posts
Ok thanks...

Anyways I'm going to have a another dealership take a quick look at it tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what they think. Under load it does some more like a lash adjuster now.
Hi Yeahdoug,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with your Mustang. I am happy to see you are working with your dealership to get this issue diagnosed. If you would like me to look into this, you can PM me your VIN, local dealer and contact info so I can look into this further for you.

Deysha
Ford Customer Service Division

·
Registered
264 Posts
No tick with mine

Until FOMOCO resolves the engine issue I will not buy the 5.0. This is an example of designing a new engine without proper long term development. I am sorry for your troubles. Please keep us posted. Good luck.
I believe this 5.0 is not new and has been around for a bit. From what I understand this engine was in use in Australia for a while now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
No tick with mine

I believe this 5.0 is not new and has been around for a bit. From what I understand this engine was in use in Australia for a while now.
Not true at all. There was a 5.0 engine called the cammer built by us (Roush Yates), but it is based on the older DOHC 4.6. The Coyote 5.0 is all new.

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hi Yeahdoug,

I am sorry to hear about this issue with your Mustang. I am happy to see you are working with your dealership to get this issue diagnosed. If you would like me to look into this, you can PM me your VIN, local dealer and contact info so I can look into this further for you.

Deysha
Ford Customer Service Division
Not sure why this offer popped up now after this problem has been discussed at length for months. Ford Customer Service has not done much for the rest of us, whether we called directly or whether the dealer(s) was calling.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.