Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys, Im new to the site and this is my first post. I was just going to share my experiences with the new e-force supercharger with you guys and also get some opinions on the amount of power compared to the cost of the unit.

Okay so I preorded the supercharger from Lonestar performance in Dallas, Texas. I dont know why I was sold the supercharger so cheap...I guess it was because the performance shop didnt know what to mark it up to(I say this because when i arrivied to pick up the supercharger the attendent at the counter said "Man I guess we should have charged you more) . When they gave me the price I was like man thats a good deal so I put money down on it and they made the order. When I got home I started researching the supercharger some more in the following weeks and I noticed everyone was selling it for around $5700 to $6000. So you can imagine my shock when I paid $5050 dollars for the kit (this was the entire kit...not just the tuner kit). In addition to this I also purchased the 3.50 competition pulley ($50) which edelbrock told me was somewhere around 7-8 psi.
So onto the more interesting things. My car is an 07 Shelby GT. NOT the GT 500. To my understanding there is no difference between this car and a normal 07 mustang gt in the engine department and the only things that would affect or add power that came on the car are the open element air filter from ford racing and the x pipe exhaust setup no headers or anything also there is a little better tune on the car but was canceled out by the tune for the supercharger from Edelbrock. Its the same standard 3v 4.6L V8. I had the supercharger installed (Edelbrock was very good about making/altering a tune to fit my Shelby gt since the flash tune they send would not work on my cars computer). I got the car dynoed at strictly performance in Houston, Texas. With the 3.85 (stock estimated 5psi) pulley on the supercharger the car made 412 horsepower at the wheels. Sorry I didnt get the torque numbers on that one. The guys at the shop did say that Edelbrock had a VERY conservative tune setup for this supercharger and it was pretty rich. Then after swaping the pulleys out (to the 3.50) The car layed down 459 hp at the wheels and im unsure of the torque agian I believe it was around 419lbs. Keep in mind this is with the canned tune from the flash tuner. The car isnt tuned for the smaller pulley or the open intake or x pipe. They guys at strictly told me the car was still really safe to drive with just the 3.85 pulley tune on it so they didnt even custom tune it after installing the smaller pulley.
Well thats just some of the numbers I got from my pulls and I wanted to share it with you guys also I would like to say I have had no problems out of the supercharger. Sorry for such a Long post. So in closing, Any Ideas on if this was a good buy for power to cost ratio and also How much more power could be pulled out with a custom tune? Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also Im sorry this is my Second Post lol.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Those are good numbers, I like hearing more out of this setup, if I proves to be reliable, I might just get one. Do you have any photos of the car/supercharger. I would definitely look into a dyno tune, get the most out of that power.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea man Ill post some pics tommrrow. Im at work right now. (Firefighter/paramedic) so im at the station for 24hrs...but ill do it when I get off. Also Im very excited to see what kinda numbers I can make later on. I have a 302 forged stroker being built for it now. I know JDM made some impressive numbers out of it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome to the E-force Club!!

:bigthumbsupThose are some good numbers, and a great price as well. With my "out-of-the-box" canned tune, I put down 400 RWHP / 384 RWTQ. All with the simple " plug-n-play " Diablo tuner. Any idea what Number you are? Its on the back of the unit center.

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to hear someone else has the System as well. Mine was number 26.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey are some of the Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More of the complete kit

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Wow! That's a great looking SC and a very clean install.

Apparently you can't beat the price you paid for it!:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
858 Posts
Good to hear some real world feedback, can you provide any more details about how it behaves on the street? where does it shine? where does it lack?

There was a lot of buzz around this SC but now its like nothing ever happend, i am not hearing or seeing any of them on the street, i wonder why? I have not heard of many guys running them but from what i have heard everyone who has one is satisfied, so what happend to the buzz?:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Very very nice indeed!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I cant really say where it shines its pretty satisfying all over the powerband. I will say that I seemed to dyno a little more than some people have posted with the stock pulley. But I will say that when I put the 3.50 pulley on it was like NIGHT AND DAY. even from the already supercharged engine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the Kit actually uses the stock airbox. But the car came with the ford racing power package from Shelby which includes that cone intake....so I was stuck with it

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I think Tillmanspeed sells the kit at $4750 and i am extremely tempted to add it to my list of mods. I just need to find the funds eventually....

·
Registered
661 Posts
That is a great looking supercharger. Congrats on the install. I love the Shelby GT there was one at the dealer when i was getting my car, I just couldn't justify the extra $$ at the time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I picked up the car for a decent price too I got it for 29,000 and it only had 100 miles on it. And yes the kit from ford does come with a enclosed housing but with the angle of the throtle body of the supercharger it angles it just enough to where the hood wont close with the housing on... :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.