Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my car into the dealership for her first oil change, tire rotation, state inspection, and to have the TSB put into the transmission. My 1st - 2nd shifting would put tough during cold weather or a cold engine. Even sometimes I would have to force it into 2nd. Today driving home from the dealership with the TSB each gear shifting is smooth as butter. I can't believe it...WOW!

·
Registered
392 Posts
State inspection already? We get 2 year stickers on new cars in Texas.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I guess it depends how long you wait to get the fluid done. I developed a grind in Oct. 2010, the fluid wasn't available (I think if I'm not mistaken) until march. I think I done enough damage that even now, with the new fluid and warm temp, I get occasional grind and rough shifting.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mine has been smooth as butter also since the fluid change which I had done at 4500 miles along with first oil change.

November 2010 delivery and all this was done last month.

And our state quit doing inspections a long time ago thank goodness.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had the fluid done in March. It was still pretty cold outside and made the shifts easier but far rougher. The NVH through the knob was terrible and the grinding continued. Now that the weather is hot, I only have issues for the first few miles of driving so I take it really easy and shift pretty slowly. I'll take it over what it was like during the winter months.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes state inspections are done here every year. I just hit over 5000 miles today and it had 6 miles on it when I picked her up special ordered on 6/25/10. My baby is almost 1 year old :winks.

·
Registered
644 Posts
State inspection already? We get 2 year stickers on new cars in Texas.
only 12.50 up here in the country in Texas. All it should be in houston and dallas for first 5 years of a new car. Like a two year old car is going to have lots of emisson issues. Texas = Taxes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts