Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss goes to car shows all the time. He's always telling me I should stop by sometime. So today they were having one next door to the car wash I like and I decided to enter the show.

There were some very nice older mustangs and a couple GT500's. The class was 78-current stock. And I'm proud to say I got second. :smilie

I think I'm hooked. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Find out what the first place car had that yours didn't and maybe you'll get that first place trophy next time.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Congratulations! May I ask how many cars were there?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Total there were around 80. There was probably six or so in my class.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Congrats! That's pretty nice.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
And as someone else around here once said: get it "stupid clean" inside and out: engine, suspension, door hinges, everywhere an eye can see and a finger can reach.

Hmmm...I wonder if that painted license plate holder was a ding against you? Painted or not, it's still there. :scratchchin

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah mods can either hurt or help you. Just depends on the judges. And the class I guess.

I definitely could have cleaned more. Of course it's never as clean as I would like it to be.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Congratulations! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
...door hinges, everywhere an eye can see and a finger can reach.
Not to split hairs, but at many shows (at least those I've been to, 20+ shows) judges are not permitted to touch the car, which includes no spot-checking surfaces or opening doors, etc.

But yes, everything in sight should be "stupid clean"

Oh, and Congrats, OP!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts