Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was the M.A.D.D. test and tune at a local 1/8 mile dragstrip, so I decided to finally get out and test out my car. A bunch of mustangs were there, but only 3 S197s. I took me around an hour and a half to finally build up the confidence to run, and when I did I didn't stop.:happyhapp My first run was my best of the day, against a freaking monster Camarro SS that was build for the track, I didn't stand a chance. But I did run a 9.97 at 71.6 mph, with a .485 reaction and 2.345 60'. I ran 4 more times, only winning once.:sadcry: I won against one of our sheriff's chargers r/t. The charger, a friend of mine, jumped the start, so he was disqualified anyways. He got a .26 head start, and with the confusion I launched horribly. I caught up to him however and won by a .1 of a second at 10.7, my worst time of the night. I was stoked. My other three races were against a 2009 Roush stage 3, which was pushing 512 rwhp, a SVT Ford Pickup, and a Porshe spraying the whole way. My times were 10.1, 10.6, and another 10.1. I was really happy with my times, I got my reaction down to a .11 which is alot better then I started with. Overall, I had a blast, I wanted to do it all day. For a v6 with only a cai/tune and exhaust, I thought my car performed wonderfully. I also won top 25 in the car show out of over 200, so I was pleased. I also won a buffer out of a raffle, so that just improved my day. This boost was just what I needed, Im back in the mustang game and Im really to go. I just wanted to share my excitement, let me know what yall think.:bigthumbsup

R

·
0 Posts
well it it was good day all around for you.....

congrats on the show win......:bigthumbsup

BTW racing on the track is addicting.......:)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Congrats on the wins. I have not made it to a strip yet. I don't have one within three hours of me and haven't ventured out to them with just bolt ons on my car. I would love to hit one up this summer.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Well today was the M.A.D.D. test and tune at a local 1/8 mile dragstrip, so I decided to finally get out and test out my car. A bunch of mustangs were there, but only 3 S197s. I took me around an hour and a half to finally build up the confidence to run, and when I did I didn't stop.:happyhapp My first run was my best of the day, against a freaking monster Camarro SS that was build for the track, I didn't stand a chance. But I did run a 9.97 at 71.6 mph, with a .485 reaction and 2.345 60'. I ran 4 more times, only winning once.:sadcry: I won against one of our sheriff's chargers r/t. The charger, a friend of mine, jumped the start, so he was disqualified anyways. He got a .26 head start, and with the confusion I launched horribly. I caught up to him however and won by a .1 of a second at 10.7, my worst time of the night. I was stoked. My other three races were against a 2009 Roush stage 3, which was pushing 512 rwhp, a SVT Ford Pickup, and a Porshe spraying the whole way. My times were 10.1, 10.6, and another 10.1. I was really happy with my times, I got my reaction down to a .11 which is alot better then I started with. Overall, I had a blast, I wanted to do it all day. For a v6 with only a cai/tune and exhaust, I thought my car performed wonderfully. I also won top 25 in the car show out of over 200, so I was pleased. I also won a buffer out of a raffle, so that just improved my day. This boost was just what I needed, Im back in the mustang game and Im really to go. I just wanted to share my excitement, let me know what yall think.:bigthumbsup

your times are consistant with mine in the 8th how neat!

its so fun isint it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
nice job, congrats on the win.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Now wasnt that cooler and safer than street racing?! Your times were the same as a TPI 305 Firebird was running yesterday at Atco. Very nice times for a 6er in the summer heat. Try again when its cooler out youll be surprised at how much better you will do 2nd time around in cooler temps.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all of you, its a wonderful feeling.:bigthumbsup

well it it was good day all around for you.....

congrats on the show win......:bigthumbsup

BTW racing on the track is addicting.......:)
Addicting is an understatement. I can't wait to go back. I have a feeling I know where I'll be spending my days off now.

your times are consistant with mine in the 8th how neat!

its so fun isint it?
I'm still waiting on you to come to Tennesee on your world racing tour. I just wish I had gears and tlok, I know it would help a ton. And it kinda sucks doing a huge one wheel burnout. I also am now wanting a can of spray. After the porche flew past me spraying, I realize how big of a help it can be.

Now wasnt that cooler and safer than street racing?! Your times were the same as a TPI 305 Firebird was running yesterday at Atco. Very nice times for a 6er in the summer heat. Try again when its cooler out youll be surprised at how much better you will do 2nd time around in cooler temps.
I was even surprise how much a difference there was between my first race and the later races. At 97 degrees, I know there is much to improve on with the weather. And I agree its much better then street racing, I do not agree with street racing at all, and this just proved how fun racing can be in a controled setting. This was actually the first time I ever did a burnout. I think I need new tires now.:happyhapp

·
Registered
918 Posts
Addicting is an understatement. I can't wait to go back. I have a feeling I know where I'll be spending my days off now.
I know that feeling. I get 20 vacation days this year and every one of them will be a Friday so I can go Friday night street racing at BSD.

I may have got in a tiny bit of trouble at home when the wife asked if I was taking off work on our anniversary and I told her I was saving all my vacation for racing. :D

R

·
0 Posts
I know that feeling. I get 20 vacation days this year and every one of them will be a Friday so I can go Friday night street racing at BSD.

I may have got in a tiny bit of trouble at home when the wife asked if I was taking off work on our anniversary and I told her I was saving all my vacation for racing. :D
I think at night at the track is a perfect place for a anniversary dinner.....

The mystery meat burgers at the track are superb.....:gringreen

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Congrats :bigthumbsup Sounds like you had fun, plus it makes me want to get out to the track but unfortunately it will be after mid August before I get the chance. :helpsmilie:
I may have missed something since I haven't been on AFM a lot this summer, but what happened to you getting a GT?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats :bigthumbsup Sounds like you had fun, plus it makes me want to get out to the track but unfortunately it will be after mid August before I get the chance. :helpsmilie:
I may have missed something since I haven't been on AFM a lot this summer, but what happened to you getting a GT?

I'm still looking for the gt, I'm not spending any more money on this car, but I just still haven't found the right one. I'm hoping to find a new 09 or a slightly used one in my area that I like, but selection is kinda slim around here. If anyone wants go give me their gt, I'll accept it.:hihi:

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
It's addictive alright. Get more seat time, the better you'll do. You're a drag virgin no more. Best thing is no worrying about the blue lights in the rear view mirror and it's in a controlled setting with safety and emergency crews incase something happens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.