Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, Friday I'll be picking up my 2012 Kona blue mustang Gt with the Brembo package with the 3.73 gearing. I'm pumped. My previous ride was a 2005 Subaru Sti, which was a monster!!! I'm hoping that I can have a similarly great expirenice with my American muscle.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome, and you are lucky, my first Ford was my sisters Pinto that the dealer wouldn't give her any money for on trade in.:yelwacko:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Welcome to the site. You gotta get back with us and let us know what you think of it compared to the STI.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Those STI's are no joke. I think you'll like the torque of your new 5.0 though. Launching will be different for you but the great thing about Stangs is that they're basically a platform from the factory to build what you want. The aftermarket is HUGE for these cars. Keep us posted and congrats on the new toy!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining!

Modifying your coyote motor is a little different than your old boxer motor.
You are going to want to start with intake, tuner and good mufflers.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Welcome to AFM. I'm happy for you, that mustang shouldn't disapoint you at all.:wavey

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcomes guys. I appreciate all of the knowledge and imput you all have to offer. Ill post some pics ASAP tomorrow or Saturday of the new and previous ride.

S

·
0 Posts
If you need a hand posting any pics just holler.

:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Welcome to AFM. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to say I really like this car! I'm coming from a short throw shifter in the STI, but the stock shift isn't bad, but a upgrade will be needed there! The car is quiet with the exception of getting on it a little. I'm impressed with the steering response and handling so far, and I love the overall feel of the car. How long untill I change the oil for the first time, and what is the standard break in period? Meanwhile here is a few pics to mull over.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I have to say I really like this car! I'm coming from a short throw shifter in the STI, but the stock shift isn't bad, but a upgrade will be needed there! The car is quiet with the exception of getting on it a little. I'm impressed with the steering response and handling so far, and I love the overall feel of the car. How long untill I change the oil for the first time, and what is the standard break in period? Meanwhile here is a few pics to mull over.

Some people say new cars don't need "broken-in" and begin ripping into the car immediately. Some people do not.

I am very particular and OCD about my cars. On mine, I drove it for 500 miles like a grandma, changed the oil and continued to drive it very gently but with more and more vigor up to 1K miles. I also autox'd twice in the 800-1KMile mark before I changed the oil again at 1k miles.

I would at least do it at 1K miles to get the "break in" oil and material out and then continue on the 3K mile regiment from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts