Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up I-5 from San Diego to Oceanside...I see a shiny red Trans Am merge into the freeway, and shoot up traffic...not a lot of traffic, but enough to not let you get free and open it up...we both kind of come in and out of lanes, nothing crazy, nothing ridiculous, probably nothing higher than 85 mph...get to our first open stretch of land, down shift to 4th, he had about a quarter car length in front of me when we both punched it, kept perfectly even till we both hit traffic and slowed down some for traffic, rolled down my windows and looked over and we both smiled and gave a head nod...later down the road cleared traffic once again, this time he cleared before I did, so he had a real good jump on me, about a car and a half before I down shifted and punched it too...once again, he didn't pull away any further,and I was creeping up very very slowly, shifted to 5th, and he started to pull away then...got to about 130 before we got to traffic again and slowed down...merged onto a different freeway, he said nice car, I did the same, got off the freeway and met up at a starbucks...he didn't believe my engine was still stock...he said all he had in it was some Flowmasters...traded numbers, and we both took off...pretty cool guy, had to stop from giggling when he came out of the car cause he was about 5 inches shorter than me and I'm only 5' 6"...
Man I can't wait to start modding my baby up...Intake and headers...here we come!!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I think he was full of it, he was not stock. I've made ls1's look stupid with my stock 05GT....Maybe mine's faster, cause it's yellow....:happyhapp

BTW, I'm 5'6" as well/ It's a good height, I don't have to duck much... made for a smaller target in the war!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JEB said:
I think he was full of it, he was not stock. I've made ls1's look stupid with my stock 05GT....Maybe mine's faster, cause it's yellow....:happyhapp

BTW, I'm 5'6" as well/ It's a good height, I don't have to duck much... made for a smaller target in the war!
you know everything yellow you put in your car adds like 25 percent horsepower...that's why all those ricers are crazy fast yo!

naw, I know LS1's are faster than my car, but I'm glad to know it's not by that much, I give respect where respect is due so I wasn't hurt or anything, I'm really just glad I'm a few bolt on's away from keeping up with a stock LS1...then I can turn ricer and say I'm faster than a Corvette...hahaha

·
Registered
977 Posts
JEB said:
Any track times to back up your claim? I've raced a few LS1's at the track and they're pretty quick for a stock car. I know 05 GT's are quick but I have yet to see times, for real or on the net, that best stock LS1's (stock for stock). For example, at the local 1/8th, the quickest 05 GT I've seen has run 9.0'[email protected] with a few mods, C&L intake, tune and DR's. A fellow sailors LS1 Trans-Am with cat-back, intake and tune ran a few 8.8'[email protected] The times could be driver but the mph indicates the LS1 has a bit more potential.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Oh now, don't get your dungarees in a bunch sailor boy...

Nope, I like to smoke em on the street when challenged. I've already posted about kills in other threads. An ls-none is a driver's race for an 05GT. Yes, by the book they are faster, but how many punk azz kids know how to really drive their cars?

Now go back and play in your poopy vette, with your blankety white uniform!:happyhapp

·
Registered
977 Posts
JEB said:
Oh now, don't get your dungarees in a bunch sailor boy...

Nope, I like to smoke em on the street when challenged. I've already posted about kills in other threads. An ls-none is a driver's race for an 05GT. Yes, by the book they are faster, but how many punk azz kids know how to really drive their cars?

Now go back and play in your poopy vette, with your blankety white uniform!:happyhapp
I take that as a no, you don't have track times to back up your claim.

I wonder what dungaree's would like on me? So used to wearing that damn flight suit and sometimes, those blankety white uniforms :eyepoppin

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
95MGTS said:
I take that as a no, you don't have track times to back up your claim.

I wonder what dungaree's would like on me? So used to wearing that damn flight suit and sometimes, those blankety white uniforms :eyepoppin
hahahaha...hilarious

·
Registered
897 Posts
95MGTS said:
Any track times to back up your claim? I've raced a few LS1's at the track and they're pretty quick for a stock car. I know 05 GT's are quick but I have yet to see times, for real or on the net, that best stock LS1's (stock for stock). For example, at the local 1/8th, the quickest 05 GT I've seen has run 9.0'[email protected] with a few mods, C&L intake, tune and DR's. A fellow sailors LS1 Trans-Am with cat-back, intake and tune ran a few 8.8'[email protected] The times could be driver but the mph indicates the LS1 has a bit more potential.
You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. LOL

Here is the timeslip for my best run I had last week. 1.775 60Ft., 8.113 1/8th mile, 12.691 @ 109.170
My mods are in my sig.
Here is my timeslip for my best run with only intake and tune on BFG Drag Radials. It was [email protected], 8.291 1/8th mile

Here is a picture of 3 timeslips from a month ago when I was testing some parts. 6 runs of each of the 3 configurations were all run the same day and are as follows:

1) Bone stock intake, tune, and stock tires.
2) C&L intake, Diablosport 93 Octane tune, and stock tires.
3) C&L intake, Diablosport 93 Octane tune, and BFG Drag Radials. My best drag radial run was during eliminations and I was on the brakes trying not to breakout. You can see my dial in time was 13.20 and I ran a 13.053 @ 101.018 4mph lower than my other runs.

If you'd like to see a video of me eating a brand new STI here it is. OK So the guy can't drive, but most can't anyway.

BTW 95MGTS If you thought the differential was weak in your Cobra look at what can happen to the C6 Vette.

Here are a couple of Closeups of the Diff

It's still an awesome car.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
See, some people have time to go to the track. I don't. The daily commute is the only fun I get...

But don't worry, I WILL make a special trip, just for you 95mgts,to eat an ls1 soon. I think I'll wait till I do the few little tricks I want on the car first though, so I can video some vette kills just to make you happy.

Just like my coworkers, "My sti will kill your car." He was proved wrong...

"My SRT4 will smoke any Mustang..." He changed his mind staring at my back bumper...

Same guy..."You can't beat my truck though (SRT10)" It was closer, but still he lost.

I'll stick by my guns on this, the 05GT is one of the fastest Mustangs yet. No, Stock it won't beat EVERYTHING on the road. But it does give a good run, and I've already shown up a few ls1's.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Thump_rr, I saw your post over at SVTP forums. Very impressive times, both stock and modded. I've also seen the C6 differential disaster. Your post, by the way, is very informative. It demonstrates just how quick an 05GT can be with a good driver. That's so much better than just saying LS1's are slow and I've beaten them on the street. To many variables on the street, such as the other driver not really racing. Some people accelerate to 60 quickly and let off, blah, blah, blah. At the track, both drivers and cars are racing, otherwise they wouldn't be lining up at the light. The fact is, LS1's are quick and I've seen quite a few bone stock 12 second timeslips of LS1 cars (on the net at least), and the 05GT can come close stock for stock. Add some mods and the 05's are right there. Of course, the LS1 could add some mods as well........and it never ends.

·
Registered
977 Posts
JEB said:
See, some people have time to go to the track. I don't. The daily commute is the only fun I get...

But don't worry, I WILL make a special trip, just for you 95mgts,to eat an ls1 soon. I think I'll wait till I do the few little tricks I want on the car first though, so I can video some vette kills just to make you happy.
I'm in the same boat as well. Rarely do I get to track my car and the only tracks around here are slippery, lousy 1/8th mile tracks. You do what you must if you're upset by my post but if you had presented it like thump, with some actual track times, it looks a whole lot better when you say I can beat LS1's with my 05GT. Good luck at the track though. If I could, I would show up in my white's just for you :)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'm not upset... I was only goofin, figured you were too.

You are Navy. Your job is to "drive the boat."
I am Marine Corps, my job is to harass you until I hit the shore.

It's hard to make time for the track, but with an hour commute each way I do get plenty of action. Half city, Half interstate, and daily no less than 2 challenges either at a light, getting on the interstate, or while rolling down the road.

If I need track numbers to please anyone, then they will not be pleased.

I regulary indulge in random acts of shenanigans, and NEVER run from a challenge, unless Mrs. JEB is in the car. She screams too loud! But, that's all the "fun" I have time for.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
JEB said:

It's hard to make time for the track, but with an hour commute each way I do get plenty of action. Half city, Half interstate, and daily no less than 2 challenges either at a light, getting on the interstate, or while rolling down the road.

I regulary indulge in random acts of shenanigans, and NEVER run from a challenge, unless Mrs. JEB is in the car. She screams too loud! But, that's all the "fun" I have time for.
I would be real pleased to see some track times !

I believe you beat some LS1`s , but seeing what a stock LS1 can do at the track (a freind has a 02 SS 6speed 13.2 at 107 stock ) and thats not power shifting !
I just love drag racing , and I love to see track times , its the only way to tell how fast your car really is !
When you can get to the track post your times , thanks:thumbup !

·
Registered
977 Posts
JEB said:

That's the problem with the internet, it's difficult to judge emotion. I thought I pissed you off but didn't mean to. I save my meaness for kscoyote :) It's true the Navy's job is to drive the boat but being that I'm an naval aviator...............I fly above those boats. Still a sailor though.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
ran260gt said:
I would be real pleased to see some track times !

I believe you beat some LS1`s , but seeing what a stock LS1 can do at the track (a freind has a 02 SS 6speed 13.2 at 107 stock ) and thats not power shifting !
I just love drag racing , and I love to see track times , its the only way to tell how fast your car really is !
When you can get to the track post your times , thanks:thumbup !
Different drivers yield different results....As stated previously, how many punks actually know how to drive. A good driver in both cars will be a VERY tight race.

I usually come across the punks that feel they must prove themselves. I love handing out attitude adjustments.

Does that make me unbeatable, hell no. I know I can't take most vette's post 2001 (if any). But up to that, it's on. I'll make it tight at least. Well, most vette's are driven by older middle aged men that really just want the status symbol anyway...and I havn't been challenged by any except one mid 80's model, which was blowing white smoke so I didn't bother.

With that said, I'm not the one who goes and challenges people. I just don't like people thinking they can kick sand in my face (like being cut off in traffic).

I cruised by a Viper yesterday on the way home, do you think I tried to instigate a race? Um, no. Not yet!!!!!

The mods I'm going to do (later) are an upgraded clutch, 3:73's, CAI, Tune, twin screw s/c, and a 75hp zex kit. With all of that, I'll be pushing alot of hp (around 475 hopefully), and then I'll be heading to the track for "official" numbers. Damn, I have the boss up for a raise!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
95MGTS said:
That's the problem with the internet, it's difficult to judge emotion. I thought I pissed you off but didn't mean to. I save my meaness for kscoyote :) It's true the Navy's job is to drive the boat but being that I'm an naval aviator...............I fly above those boats. Still a sailor though.
Hey! I resemble that remark!

:winks

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
JEB said:
Different drivers yield different results....As stated previously, how many punks actually know how to drive. A good driver in both cars will be a VERY tight race.

I usually come across the punks that feel they must prove themselves. I love handing out attitude adjustments.

Does that make me unbeatable, hell no. I know I can't take most vette's post 2001 (if any). But up to that, it's on. I'll make it tight at least. Well, most vette's are driven by older middle aged men that really just want the status symbol anyway...and I havn't been challenged by any except one mid 80's model, which was blowing white smoke so I didn't bother.

With that said, I'm not the one who goes and challenges people. I just don't like people thinking they can kick sand in my face (like being cut off in traffic).

I cruised by a Viper yesterday on the way home, do you think I tried to instigate a race? Um, no. Not yet!!!!!

The mods I'm going to do (later) are an upgraded clutch, 3:73's, CAI, Tune, twin screw s/c, and a 75hp zex kit. With all of that, I'll be pushing alot of hp (around 475 hopefully), and then I'll be heading to the track for "official" numbers. Damn, I have the boss up for a raise!
Dont you want to get a base line of your car ? you know, so you can find out how much you have improved at the track !

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yeah, when time permits.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.