Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been a long time camaro owner. I had a 98 z28 and I loved the power but the car had 156k and had its problems so it was time for a change. I traded the camaro in last night and drove home with this baby. Its 100% stock automatic with 45k. I always wanted a mustang and finally got one. I cant mod for 3months or a void the warranty. My only plans for now is a cat back, Xpipe, 3.73 Gears and a sct tuner. And what gears do they have stock?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the Mustang world. Your car looks exactly like mine except for the bullit rims (mine are black).

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
4.10 with that auto, and dont forget about the TC.

·
Registered
804 Posts
do you mean get 4.10s? I do drive it everyday and much of it is highway. I'm not sure about 4.10s on the highway with them cars but wont I be holding like 4grand ?
The first picture are 3.73s and the second is 4.10's. Those two are the most popular gear choices. I have heard 4.10s are most useful for autos however.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yougiveupls1for4.6wtfyourproblemboy?
haha. Well I had my reasons. It was a pretty car for sure. But it had almost 160k and in the cold weather would stall and restart. The power was there but I just wanted something different. You are not the first to say that. And believe me I feel its much slower. The only way to make it move is punch the gas

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The first picture are 3.73s and the second is 4.10's. Those two are the most popular gear choices. I have heard 4.10s are most useful for autos however.
Thank you for taking time to show me the picture. So with the 4.10s will I have no traction on the street? Thats why I was thinking 3.73s and then I dont want it to be super slow on the highway. Do you know what gears my 04 has stock?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Thank you for taking time to show me the picture. So with the 4.10s will I have no traction on the street? Thats why I was thinking 3.73s and then I dont want it to be super slow on the highway. Do you know what gears my 04 has stock?
No youll have traction. If you plan on doing forced induction then do 3.73s otherwise you will feel bogged down. I believe stock gears are 3.27s.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Having the top down is nice, but on a long trip it begins to wear on you after a few hours. Best time to have it down is on warm summer nights so you're not getting your ass kicked by the sun. Can't tell you how many times I've gone somewhere 30 minutes or an hour away in the afternoon on a hot day and by the time I got there my back was stuck to the seat from sweating and my arms and forehead were sunburnt, lol
lol! How is it compared to driving with the windows down? I prefer to keep the AC off and the windows down in the summer. If it's too cold I keep the windows up, if it is too hot I may use the AC for a little and then just drive with the windows down after that. Works fine, even in the humid 105 degree summer heat.

·
Registered
136 Posts
welcome to the mustang world! it might be a step backwards engine wise, but i feel like the mustang looks better and is more comfortable to drive. also you live about 20 mins away i live in lancaster !

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
So I been a long time camaro owner. I had a 98 z28 and I loved the power but the car had 156k and had its problems so it was time for a change. I traded the camaro in last night and drove home with this baby. Its 100% stock automatic with 45k. I always wanted a mustang and finally got one. I cant mod for 3months or a void the warranty. My only plans for now is a cat back, Xpipe, 3.73 Gears and a sct tuner. And what gears do they have stock?

Looks great, congratulations!! Glad you made the change; once in a Mustang you'll stay with Mustangs!.:bigthumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts