Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not only new to this forum, but to Mustangs in general. I've loved them for as long as I can remember, and only bought my crappy Saturn because I couldn't afford the insurance payments for a sports car (I was 18 at the time). Now that I'm older and wiser (I hate my Saturn), I'm buying a new-to-me car. Of course, I want it to be a Mustang convertible.

I'm going to look at two cars tomorrow, and I was just so excited I had to post here. Given that I'm a paranoid computer geek, the first mod is going to be a rollbar, followed by an embedded computer (hopefully with an LCD display mounted in the dash).

Are there any mods that you folks here would recommend as being a good way to get the most out of my Mustang? I'm hopefully going to be getting a 2000 V6 convertible, or a '96 V6 convertible.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Nacho said:
So I'm not only new to this forum, but to Mustangs in general. I've loved them for as long as I can remember, and only bought my crappy Saturn because I couldn't afford the insurance payments for a sports car (I was 18 at the time). Now that I'm older and wiser (I hate my Saturn), I'm buying a new-to-me car. Of course, I want it to be a Mustang convertible.

I'm going to look at two cars tomorrow, and I was just so excited I had to post here. Given that I'm a paranoid computer geek, the first mod is going to be a rollbar, followed by an embedded computer (hopefully with an LCD display mounted in the dash).

Are there any mods that you folks here would recommend as being a good way to get the most out of my Mustang? I'm hopefully going to be getting a 2000 V6 convertible, or a '96 V6 convertible.
Congrats! and welcome to the Forum!

First off, if insurance is an issue, convertibles are expensive.First mod I would do maybe even before a roll bar, is a rear sway bar, you can prolly pluck one off a GT at a junkyard for cheap or buy a new one offline, the junkyard one is liek 15 -50 bucks and provides loads of good tracktion, maybe some chassis stiffiners for the bottom seeing that it is a convertible and has a weak frame to begin with will provide more comfrot.

As for mods, to make it quicker you can add like.. UDP like motoblue 42% from rpmmustangs.com

I think that's the site?

CAI - anything is really good here, the DeMolet CAI seems to be most popular here right now.

Or just a K&N air filter.

But you can't go wrong with the stang :) and the 3.8 is a good engine.

Check back here if you have anyquestions or need to know something specific about your new steed. good luck, :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.