Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our family has owned the past 2 generations of mustangs. I just got myself the 2007 convertible v6. Replaced the rims already and am wondering what the piece of plastic on the door is and how to remove it.
Slowly adding to the car so any advice is welcome :D

Attachments

G

·
Welcome to AFM! That's a beautiful Stang. The piece looks like an aftermarket door guard... it's probably just held on with 3M tape.

Nice wheels!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i got a steal on them $600 for the 20"s and the low profiles. I hope its just tape or something i hope there arent holes under it. Id prefer to do the work myself rather than a shop charging me ridiculous fees.

G

·
I can't imagine there being anything other than adhesive or tape. They don't come that way from the factory so it's most likely just stuck on. Get some fishing line and work it under the end and slowly work it up. If the car's paint has been maintained there shouldn't be any color difference once it's off. Keep us posted and holler if you need anything!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do also looking at painting the calipers silver with black mustang decal on my own time at the on base shop.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are the billet fuel doors hard to do or should i have a shop install them?

G

·
I actually just ordered a black GT one for my 06GT. It's supposed to be like a 10 minute install. Pretty straightforward. Mine comes in on Wednesday so I'll know at that point.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep me informed it really would look great on the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts