Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got my first mustang, its a 2000 V6 2D coupe. I figured Id join the forum since I also ride a bike and being on a biker's forum has gotten me from being afraid of adjusting the clutch cable to doing my own re-jets and transmission work. Im kinda hoping I could slowly gather similar knowledge for cars here.
First thing Id like to do is give my mustang a little more kick. I got a great deal on my V6, otherwise I would have gone for the GT, then again the gas prices lately have me a little thankful that I didnt. Currently, my 3.8L V6 puts out a mere 190hp. Id like to get that up to at least 200 for now. What are the best (and simplest) mods that I could do to get it there. I did look at the sticky post but asside from the K&N air filter, all of those are chinese to me. Could someone recommend and perhaps explain a one or two that would be useful for me?
Also, what is the most hp that I could get my V6 to put out assuming I go all out....is it even worth doing all of it to a V6?
Thanks and its a pleasure to be here.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Well first off Welcome to the forum and grats on your first mustang. Your looking at 200hp goal, thats a start. So you need about 10 HP. Easiest way would be a tunable induction Cold air intake @ www.tunableinduction.com secondly if you want some low tone, you should look at getting a cat back exhaust. Dynomax, Flowmaster, Magnaflow etc etc. This would put you over 200hp easilly and for a small price around $500 or less depending on your mechanical adeptation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, but do they make one for a regular mustang, all I see are ones for the GT or Cobra?
I figure the best and simplest ways to get hp gains is to use a high flow air inake system, a performace exhaust system, and, in the case of fuel injection, a power commander. Now ive never never heard of this COLD air intake but figure that its just a beefed up K&N filter of sorts, the cat back exhaust is what it is, so what about a power commander? Do you know of or have a lnk to any good ones?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.