Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my right rear caliper is sticking and is squeezing the rotor when the brakes are not applied. i can smell it when i get out of the car after only 3-5 minutes on the road. i can feel the heat around the entire right rear wheel and the left rear is cold. what do i do about this?

·
Registered
962 Posts
check and make sure the E brake is completely off or released,if it is try a couple of quick stops while backing up,if that doesnt work take the wheel off and "tap" the brake caliper to see if it breaks loose,if that doesnt work take it or tow it to a brake shop.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Your in MA like me, could simply be a frozen parking brake cable. These cars are notorious for it! Got a warm garage you can pull in to for a while?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Your in MA like me, could simply be a frozen parking brake cable. These cars are notorious for it! Got a warm garage you can pull in to for a while?
yep, thats whats happening. pull your back tire and check the rubber boot where the cable connects. if its cracked, you can spray some lube in there and it will be a quick bandaid fix, but the cables will have to be replaced to really fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.