Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could explain how I could tune up my 2001 Mustang. I am a 20 year old single mom with a four year old and have always done my own auto repair, well not really, only oil changes, brake pad replacement, but I have not done a tune up. I do not like letting other people working on my cars because every time I take them to a garage to get them fixed they try to lie to me to get me to spend more money. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I was wondering if anyone could explain how I could tune up my 2001 Mustang. I am a 20 year old single mom with a four year old and have always done my own auto repair, well not really, only oil changes, brake pad replacement, but I have not done a tune up. I do not like letting other people working on my cars because every time I take them to a garage to get them fixed they try to lie to me to get me to spend more money. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Well hi there MustangCowgirl:wavey

Glad you could join us. You'll find a lot of help in here 4 sure. First however, may I suggest that you add some additional specifics about your pony e.g., engine size? That will help us out.

Are you looking for 'typical' routine maintenance help e.g., plugs, filters? or to learn about more advanced 'performance-related' tuning? Either way, there's no shortage of talent here to help.

Maybe you'll like it here and hang with us.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Welcome to AFM.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. What model do you have, the V6 or V8? The tech areas would get you the answers you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess that the engine size would have helped, I have a V6 Mustang. I have also had a few problems with the transmission. The car seems to be having some issues with changing gears lately. I have an automatic transmission, which is odd because had the car not been crazy cheap I never would have bought an automatic. I bought this car since I have loved mustangs since I was a child. I had a neighbor who restored them and would let me do some of the interior work on them. After that I was hooked and ever since it has been Mustangs or Jeeps. Thank you for anyone who could offer any hints or provide me with any help as I slowly start to repair and enhance this new mustang of mine.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Welcome to the forums. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome!:kooky:
I would suggest getting the trans. problems worked out by looking it up in the search option to see if anyone is having the same issues first, then if you can't find it there make a new post.
In the meantime look in the V6 section and you'll find others that are doing mods that may help you figure out which way you want to go!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I guess that the engine size would have helped, I have a V6 Mustang. I have also had a few problems with the transmission. The car seems to be having some issues with changing gears lately. I have an automatic transmission, which is odd because had the car not been crazy cheap I never would have bought an automatic. I bought this car since I have loved mustangs since I was a child. I had a neighbor who restored them and would let me do some of the interior work on them. After that I was hooked and ever since it has been Mustangs or Jeeps. Thank you for anyone who could offer any hints or provide me with any help as I slowly start to repair and enhance this new mustang of mine.

a 6?? we need more cutties with v8's around the country:shigrin go back to the dealer and say you want a 8, just a little food for thought..
have you checked the fluid level? make sure you check right after a drive so the converter is full.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
:waveyWelcome to AFM.:wavey

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
welcome to the forum :) hopefully someone in here can give you some tips :bigthumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.