Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a few weeks since I had my lowering springs installed on my '13 5.0 and I have no complaints at all. I absolutely love the springs. I was considering going with H&R SuperSports for a while but my brother talked me into these springs which are the same ones he has had for a year or so now (I'm glad too because we just installed H&R's on another club member's 05-09 GT with long tubes and he couldn't back off of the car lift without wood under his tires :ahhhhh so I know I would eventually have some issues).

Thankfully, the club in the Phoenix area that my brother started, Desert Stangs, have had members do about 4 spring installs by the time we did mine, so it was all down to a system. We did get a little opposition when dropping the axle in the back on the bolts for the sway bar and the shock so that we could shift the axle around to swap springs but once we did that it was all smooth sailing from there.

We rented a spring compressor from AutoZone for the struts and we didn't have any issues swapping the strut mounts or anything like that.

I wanted for myself to have a sort of baseline of directly before and after of how the springs handled. Making the last turn to our friend's house (with no one around) I took this up and down 90 degree right turn and with stock springs, I had to go all the way over the the right turn lane going the other direction because I thought the back end would slide out (total of three lanes - one for the direction I was heading [east] and two lanes going the opposite direction [west] and I went all the way to the furthest west turn lane). I took the turn at about 25-30mph. Post spring installation: made the turn like a racecar. It was fantastic.

Now that it had been a few weeks, I think the springs have settled a little more. The only thing that I have noticed is a little more noise coming from the front suspension going over bumps in the road (which I was expecting) but I thought it wasn't something to ignore. These springs have a perfect drop in my opinion and I can't wait to get some wheels and tires because these base 18s with like 50 sidewall are killing me after looking at my brother's AMR wheels :bigthumbsup

I have 5 before and the morning after pictures in almost exactly the same spot in my driveway I believe..
BEFORE:

AFTER:

The springs have settled by now and are slightly lower (1/8th of an inch maybe). I absolutely love the way it sits right now and couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
348 Posts
did you replace anything else? or just the springs? looks good man!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you replace anything else? or just the springs? looks good man!
thanks!! just the springs and eibach bumpstops. other than that, completely stock. I will get a adj. pan-hard bar once I get wheels and tires because right now, it doesn't look off center at all.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Better invest in some aftermarket shocks and struts, as the sportlines will wear out the stockers pretty quickly!

·
Registered
133 Posts
thanks!! just the springs and eibach bumpstops. other than that, completely stock. I will get a adj. pan-hard bar once I get wheels and tires because right now, it doesn't look off center at all.
Do you mind sharing some tips and tricks to installing the rear suspension? Especially since you have a system down?
My eibach coilovers came in yesterday and plan on doing the install myself.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
looks great! ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Better invest in some aftermarket shocks and struts, as the sportlines will wear out the stockers pretty quickly!
My brother has actually had his for about 15,000 miles and his still rides good so that will be an upgrade, but not for a while.

5POINTO said:
This^
Get your alignment checked too, most need camber bolts to get back in spec.
my brother also just got his car aligned yesterday since having it lowered and it was barely (and i mean barely) off. right now, the car doesn't pull one way or the other so im good right now ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn that looks good! Love the black on red.
thank you! always had a thing for red cars. had a red truck before this and I knew I wanted red again. I have only had the cops follow me twice for absolutely no reason (in reference to the whole cop magnet thing - still no tickets, knock on wood) :grinroll:

·
Registered
157 Posts
LOOKS BADA$$!! I want to do the same to mine but I don't know if I can pull off the install. I need to hit up my buddy and see if he can help. Your wheels look good to me!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOOKS BADA$$!! I want to do the same to mine but I don't know if I can pull off the install. I need to hit up my buddy and see if he can help. Your wheels look good to me!
Thanks man!! I love it haha and I think they have even settled even more! Thanks again about the wheels, but I love the look of the SVE Drifts/AMR wheels but these will definitely do for now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts