Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Cody, I'm about 22 years old and live in Arizona. I just bought a 1969 mustang coupe. It has a 302 engine in it and has a perfect interior and excellent exterior. Also runs great aside from a few little problems.

A couple things I'm wondering is if someone can give me some links to some good sites to buy things for the car such as engine parts, exterior parts and interior parts. Right now I need a carburetor and would like to know of a good place to buy one.
I'd also like to see if there is a chrome grille to replace to plastic one?

Anyway, thanks for having me and I hope to learn a lot about the car!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome Cody!

For parts for the car, CJ Pony Parts is one of my favorites for all parts Mustang. For your carburetor you'll pay a lot more for an Autolite than a Holley or if your carb is rebuildable you can either put in a kit or send it off to Pony Carburetors and let them take care of it for you.

Mac

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Welcome to the club Stangn, you've come to the right place for Mustang knowledge. AFM is full of good people that care for one another a keep the bashing to a minimun. Anyhow,

I like to compare prices for engine parts between Jegs and Summit with Summit being my favorite. Jegs tends to lack in customer service.

Like Mac says, CJ's is a favorite for most of us - overall best prices and typically free shipping. Their customer servive sucks the least. You'll have to forgive me, I get really aggrevated with phone jockeys who could'nt care less about my project. Places like Tony Branda's, JME, MP Products, among many others are high end, get your wallet out kind of places, but the quality is top notch. NPD (National Parts Depot) has a wider selection regarding quality than most catalog parts suppliers ranging from cheap stuff to normal everyday products.

Hope that get you started, enjoy your project and stick around.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Welcome Cody to this great site!

I am also a fan of NPD, CJ. and Mustang Plus. For performance parts with the BEST advice I am a big fan of Money Maker Racing. The owner is named Alex and he will answer the phone when you call. He has competitive prices to jeggs or Summit but will spend time talking about different options and choices.
Oh yeah, he knows his stuff and drives a 65 at the Drags and is the NHRA and IHRA SS/LA & SS/MA National Record Holder 99','00,'01,'02,'03,'04,'05 & '06. Give him a call BEFORE you decide to buy. Downside is his website does not list products or prices but is worth the call to him or email. Great guy too. Have done lots of business with him and it is rare to find someone like him :bigthumbsup Moneymaker Racing - What can Moneymaker do for you?

Good Luck and BE Safe
Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks a lot!
Guess I'll throw up some pictures

I'll put up some interior and engine pics when I get some taken..

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I agree with most of the above. CJ's, NPD are tops on my list of standard parts. I wouldn't pay 2 cents for Pony Carbs, I simply don't like giving my money to jerks. For a carb let me ask...is this for originality or for practical application? If you are keeping true to its origin AllAmericanCarbs in Jacksonville.... if not any NAPA or Autozone will be great and cheaper too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For right now, it's just to get the car to start up good. Cause right now when i go to start the car, it starts fine but after you run it for a while a shut it off, it has a hard time starting so my neighbor told me that it's cause it's harder to start when the engine is hot so I need a new carburetor.

Later on, I'm gonna be replacing the engine, tranny, headers, exhaust, paint, interior... So later on will be all different. Right now, I just want it to keep running strong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts