Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
So this past month has not been very good for me. My car has been involved in two hit and runs both by other people and just two days ago while I was at the gym I come out after two hours to find my car has been freakin keyed. I have absolutely no idea while people are so messed up in todays world they could ever do any of these things and not take responsibility for it. So when I got my statements for my other two hit and runs the guy said it would cost like 1500 and they would basically repaint the whole car except the hood, roof, doors, and trunk. But now that my car has just been keyed I'm probably going to have to just repaint the whole car. Does anyone know how long it takes for a really good place to resand, prime, and properly repaint the whole car? I'm trying to figure out how long my car will be in the shopp for. Also I would love to hear your thoughts and personal experiences about this stuff. I'm more interested in hearing if any of your cars have been keyed and what you have done.

Sorry for rambling on I'm just pissed! :cursing:

You can find pics on my photobucket(they look worse in person):

Damage pictures by steeda05gt - Photobucket

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
THAT'S :censored:!!!

i had someone slash two of my tires. then the next week they poured white-out down my back window. i filed a report, and found out who did it later. it's harsh.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your luck is bound to improve! :)
Let's face it, your luck could not get much worse unless your GT got stolen. Hope everything gets taken care of for you though, and on the bright side at least your car get fixed after the hit and runs. Best of luck to ya. :winks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sure hope this helps !

Hey KSTEW11 ! I know life is hard today ! I feel your pain in my heart ! WOW ! But, I happen to be a paint expert from the GM Branch actually but I know that now days the dealers all have those ovens for the cars to drive into. That is what makes that good adheision. It will be just like factory but better. Not much sanding and priming (IM ) guessing. Unless someone really layed into it. They do howerver scuff sand the car for good adheision < am I spelling that right? HMM . At any rate some people would do something like this for "one night stands" (girls) or,,, Maybe you are one of those cats who park sideways and take up 3 spaces so you dont get a ding? I dont know. Hopefully it was a jealous girl. Thats the best way to go but any way. When I go to a Gym I park way out and get excersize from the walk. After all,,, We're hear for the exercise right? Ok,, Calm down and remember What 'Oldsdad" says ,,,, "IN A FEW WEEKS THIS WILL ONLY BE A STORY TO TALK ABOUT'! Now ,,, When that black beauty comes out of the shop, wait a week and hand wash (Always with a micro fiber rag) like Wal-mart carries then get a coat of 'NU-Finish car wax. I think it is in an orange bottle also at Wal-Mart. Not the little bottle for polish but the 'Wax on, Wax off kind. Lasts a year. Dude ! Remember,,, Find a dealer with the big ovens not a heat lamp dryer. I can also say this. I happen to know that with Black,,, You dont have to worry about 'paint color match' Black is the very best to match (Easiest) Hope all works out well with ya!! You can E-Mail me if ya want,, I would be interested in the outcome and also,,, If you have more questions to ask ,,I would be happy to try to help. Just a UAW Shop Rat with a lot of paint repair experience. We used to get Cadilacs and Buicks , Olds into our bay and do paint repair. (all types) Let me know if ya want. Man My heart is breakin....t hinkin of ya ,,, John :bigthumbsup at ............................. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Very sad to hear, I can't believe people did all that

G

·
OP, I feel so bad for you... I can't imagine... I hope things start looking up for you and although I have no help to offer except moral support:), I am sure you'll get some great advice...:bigthumbsup

angry ex???? i had that fear once. she was hurt that i loved my car more than her, :)
and there is nothing like a scorned woman... :laugh:

·
Registered
923 Posts
sorry to hear that man, I hope you find the douche that keyed your car and beat the f"**K out of him

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't see how people key cars...when I hear the metal scratching sound it's like nails on a chalk board

·
Registered
969 Posts
sorry to hear that man, I hope you find the douche that keyed your car and beat the f"**K out of him
Yeh....I am thinking a good ole fashion beat down if you find out who did it. Surely you have a list of suspects? Keying a car is most times personal....especialy if they got both sides and/or hood. Intentional destruction of someone else's property ranks right up there with assault in my book. What happened to the good ole days.....and eye for an eye? :yup:

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
and there is nothing like a scorned woman... :laugh:
i can vouch for that! lol

And i'm truely sorry to hear about your luck man, but try and make lemonade out of lemons. Maybe have them throw a splash of color in there while they are repainting it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
There's always Karma right? So they'll pay for it sooner or later. As for me, I'm severely traumatized by people smashing their doors against other cars. :nono:

There's surely a special place in hell for those people. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thats horrible, sometimes hit and runs are accidents but getting your car keyed is intentional. I don't see why people do stuff like that. Probably some a-hole whos jealous that they drive a ricer and not a Mustang. I feel for you that truly truly sucks. Find those guilty and kick their asses!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Man the other night someone kicked my door in and left a big dent and a fat footprint on my driver side door. They walked right through the yards, through our dirt so its pretty damn obvious who it was when theres a dirt trail leading to the corner house 2 houses away. I never talk to those people or had anything to do with them, and i was parked in my driveway. I just dont get it.

A couple days later the cops were at their house. They got called for gunshots, and it turns out the kid that lives there is in a gang and the shooting was gang related, and the father grows weed in the backyard. There was a moving van there last week and my car will be fixed next week :bigthumbsup

Theyll get what they deserve!

·
Registered
135 Posts
The accidents suck, unfortunately people can't drive, so we all end up having them it seems! But for the malicious destruction of anothers property, even more so, their automobile, that's just chickens**t! I had it happen to me once (knock on wood), fortunately not this car, but to anyone who cares about their ride, it doesn't matter what kind of car it is. It's just a sickening thud in your stomach when you see it ! I wanted so bad to know who did it, as I'm sure you do to. I just wanted to beat the brakes off the F**king A***ole who did it. I hope your violator gets what they've got coming!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey all sorry I havn't had a chance to reply sooner. I thank all of you who have responded and appreciate your posts. I just started back up at this gym where I havn't been for about 4 months so no one really knows I even go there. I'm a really nice easy going person, don't talk **** or run my mouth ever. So I don't really have any enemies. The whole girl thing I have been single for quite a while now and have never had girl issues in the first place and there wasn't any one night stand business going on so it couldn't have been any of those. Only thing I can think of was it was some ******* who is just jealous or a mistaken identity like someone thought it was someone elses car. Regardless I was so heated at the time that if I were to find out who did it I would have killed them no joke. Now that I have cooled down I would still like to beat the living piss out of them and if some how I do find out which is one in a million I will kick the **** out of them. Anyways for the time being I am going to make the best of it and can't wait to get it fixed.

Today it was like 58 degrees out so I've seen a million mustangs out everyone giving waves and thumbs up to eachother and I pulled up to a older guy in a beautiful 70's mach 1 mustang all original and red with black stripes. We both had our windows down I told him I loved his car and he said right back at you. He then asked if my car got keyed and I said yeah and he replied with thats a shame. Whatever I just hope it all works out well! Thanks again guys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.