Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 02 GT yesterday and I open the trunk and saw the Mach 1000 subs with 4 amps. Yet the radio is only the 6 cd Mach 460 according to the manual. Did this come with the 02's?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
2002 was the 1st year for the Mach 1000 setup, so I would say Yes, that's what came in the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the radio itself isn't the Mach 1000, it's the 460. So did they intermingle the 2 together? Having the 460 with the 1000 speakers?

·
Registered
298 Posts
This is what I found on the subject, hope it helps...

Mach 460 Information

looks to me like if you have 6-disc changer with 2 extra subs and 4 extra amps, then you have the 1000

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
The radios themselves have been a problem in both the Mach 460 and 1000 setups. The CD changer likes to jam up and get stuck, so it's quite possible that someone swapped the radio itself out, because I would imagine they're interchangeable.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The radios themselves have been a problem in both the Mach 460 and 1000 setups. The CD changer likes to jam up and get stuck, so it's quite possible that someone swapped the radio itself out, because I would imagine they're interchangeable.
I was also wondering if they were interchangeable. I had a problem with my head unit getting jammed with the Mach 460 a lot. And I couldn't find any info on what would work. So I bought the Kenwood DNX6160.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I was also wondering if they were interchangeable. I had a problem with my head unit getting jammed with the Mach 460 a lot. And I couldn't find any info on what would work. So I bought the Kenwood DNX6160.:bigthumbsup
had head unit prob as well on mine

to the op -but dude thats bad @$$ that you have the 1000 mine only has the 460

·
Registered
298 Posts
my 460 head unit jammed as well, wouldn't spit the cd out or even play it at all...

for head units, i've had the alpine ida-x100 which was awesome, but i sold that car with the unit... then i got the ida-x303, a little cheaper, but without all the features and i was slightly dissapointed... now i have the ida-x305s and am extremely pleased, all the features of the x-100, but now with pandora radio for iphones as well, it's awesome

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought I read that the 1000 and 460 have different harnesses, so thus not interchagable. Is this right?

·
Registered
389 Posts
i have the mach 460 and the cd player jams up all the time, any ideas on good head units to plug your ipod into and i was thinking a touch screen head unit:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
298 Posts
my 460 head unit jammed as well, wouldn't spit the cd out or even play it at all...

for head units, i've had the alpine ida-x100 which was awesome, but i sold that car with the unit... then i got the ida-x303, a little cheaper, but without all the features and i was slightly dissapointed... now i have the ida-x305s and am extremely pleased, all the features of the x-100, but now with pandora radio for iphones as well, it's awesome

the above listed head units were built for the ipod/iphone, they work great... if you have a double din then i suggest the pioneer avic-d3 or a newer version of the same unit (it's touchscreen), also works very well with ipod/iphone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.