Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up a set of MRT rear window louvers! I had Scott from MRT do the install while I snapped some pics! The pics and write up are here: MRT rear window louvers

·
Registered
165 Posts
fishingjts said:
Well I picked up a set of MRT rear window louvers! I had Scott from MRT do the install while I snapped some pics! The pics and write up are here: MRT rear window louvers
Ya gonna paint it Yellow to match yer car?? That would look so sweet!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeonSORTX said:
Ya gonna paint it Yellow to match yer car?? That would look so sweet!!
Well, we certainly talked about doing that... but we came to the conclusion it might be too MUCH yellow! LOL!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Lookin Good!!:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
yeah ,you and i have the same setup quarter window and rear louvers. only diff. i have two fog lights in the front. really high quality louver set. the rears are awsome ,the aluminum is the way to go, no cheesy plastic! painting them would be alittle too much in my book also. nice, vynle.

·
Registered
361 Posts
fishingjts....Did you happen to check out the 1-piece vs. 2-piece set up on the rear-window louver?? When I called to ask, the lady I spoke with at MRT said they install the same, they just split it to save on shipping. Said the 2-piece just connected in the middle at each slat. She directed me to their site to look at the MRT Interceptor as it has the 2-piece and she doesn't think it's noticable... What do you think? I'm getting ready to order, just can't decide which one. Also, does anyone know the actual difference in shipping cost between the 2??

·
Registered
261 Posts
well ford, if i can confuse the issue! i have the one piece rear louver. i didnt want screws loosening down the road and i just like the idea of it being a one piece setup.vynle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
mrt louvers

I just got the one piece unit - a bit more for shipping, but I too like the idea of only one piece on the back window. Delivery was in two days to PA.:)
I have to wait until the temperature gets to 70 for the adhesives to set properly. I checked out all the welds, they look clean and finished and the whole unit is solid.
I have a torch red gt and will probably leave the louvers as is. It is a great look, imo.:)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fordgrl99 said:
fishingjts....Did you happen to check out the 1-piece vs. 2-piece set up on the rear-window louver?? When I called to ask, the lady I spoke with at MRT said they install the same, they just split it to save on shipping. Said the 2-piece just connected in the middle at each slat. She directed me to their site to look at the MRT Interceptor as it has the 2-piece and she doesn't think it's noticable... What do you think? I'm getting ready to order, just can't decide which one. Also, does anyone know the actual difference in shipping cost between the 2??
Ok... here is a picture of the two piece (sorry for the poor quality! Camera phone! LOL)

Ok.. what you're looking at is a 3 inch long stud plate.. the bolts face down with the washer and nut on the other side... If Scott didn't point it out I would never have noticed it there... There are also a couple of stud plates in the center but they are really out of view...

Shipping difference is ??? Scott mentioned that it was enough that he wanted to give people the option to save on the shipping and so they developed the 2 piece...

2 Piece pic

·
Registered
361 Posts
fishingjts said:
Ok... here is a picture of the two piece (sorry for the poor quality! Camera phone! LOL)

Ok.. what you're looking at is a 3 inch long stud plate.. the bolts face down with the washer and nut on the other side... If Scott didn't point it out I would never have noticed it there... There are also a couple of stud plates in the center but they are really out of view...

Shipping difference is ??? Scott mentioned that it was enough that he wanted to give people the option to save on the shipping and so they developed the 2 piece...

2 Piece pic
Pic won't open for me, but that's okay. I got impatient yesterday and went ahead and ordered the 1-piece. Figured in the long run, that's what I'd be happier with. Thanks much for everyone's replies! Just fyi. To Ohio, 1-piece was $69; 2-piece was $22. Heck of a difference. But, figured if I was spending this much on something, what was another $50? :shrug

Btw...the yellow with black louvers looks hot! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fordgrl99 said:
Pic won't open for me, but that's okay. I got impatient yesterday and went ahead and ordered the 1-piece. Figured in the long run, that's what I'd be happier with. Thanks much for everyone's replies! Just fyi. To Ohio, 1-piece was $69; 2-piece was $22. Heck of a difference. But, figured if I was spending this much on something, what was another $50? :shrug

Btw...the yellow with black louvers looks hot! :eyepoppin
Thanks!

Yeah.. my website is down right now... seems I went over my bandwidth limit for the month! LOL!

·
Registered
486 Posts
I was wondering, will the quarter window louvers come off to allow for cleaning?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
StangMe said:
I was wondering, will the quarter window louvers come off to allow for cleaning?
Nope... they are stuck on... However I simply hit the windows with the high pressure sprayer at the car wash.. keeps the window clean.. and it's never been a problem... louvers are still firmly attached...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks fishingjts! I appreciate the quick response. I really like the quarter window louvers but have some concerns when it comes to eventually rusting and not knowing about it. I plan to keep this car a long time and I just wonder with not being able to remove them if I would ever see any problems should they occur. Thanks again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's mine.. installed it last week :eyepoppin I think it looks great on the Mineral Gray

1 - 16 of 16 Posts