Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for any help that anyone has my 89 gt jerks at cruise speed when u mash the gas lightly to matain the curise speed and its running rich ive did a pressure test like a guy told me to try the pressure is 36 lbs and when i disconnect the vacum on the fuel pressure regulator it jums to 40 lbs i was told it should be 45 lbs does that mean the regulator is bad or should i try someting else the idle bounces from 500 rpms to 1000 rpms cld this be the cause fro the jerk any help on these issues would b a great help its my first fuel injected car for a project

·
Registered
224 Posts
1) I'm sure a mod will move this as soon as they see it, but there's a section specifically for 5.0l tech....some awesome folks there that have a TON of knowledge.

2) Stop into the introduction area and tell us a bit about you and your car, welcome to the forums!!!

3) I had a VERY bad idle on my 88 GT...that went to only a small variation and all i did was put some seafoam stuff through the vacuum lines to clean out all the junk

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Check the timing, usually bucking at cruise speed is from the timing being to far advanced. Same for the idle surge. Remove the SPOUT, and set to 12-14° then put the SPOUT back in and test drive

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.