Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've got a friend at work that's got a 96 Corvette Automatic LT1 with roughly 85K miles. My Mustang is an auto as well and has a few minor mods such as CAI, exhaust tips, 93 octane tune from BamaChips. He's challenged me to a run at the drag strip. He's a good friend of mine and they'll be no hard feelings if either of us win of course.:hihi:

He says he's never raced before. My best 1/4 mile time was a 13.92 at 100.4mph. I've only been to the drag strip once so I'm not very experienced.My car will have new BF Goodrich KDW T/A's by the time I go. It's got cheap Avon all seasons now and those were the ones I had last time at the strip. Gonna have a bunch of people from work come watch. A lot of people at work think I'm gonna smoke him. What do you guys think? Be HONEST :shigrin I know we're all just a little biased.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i gotta pull for the GM on this one, then again i dont know much about your car. but the vette from the factory was prolly a mid to low 13 second stock

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i gotta pull for the GM on this one, then again i dont know much about your car. but the vette from the factory was prolly a mid to low 13 second stock
You've got me nervous now, The only record of 1/4 mile time for a C4 vette LT1 auto i could find was the "official" Car and Driver tested time of 14.1 seconds. I dunno if I should trust that though.The six speed manual vette of the same year is supposedly rated at 13.64 seconds.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
it will prolly come down to driver.... but im still pulling for the gm...keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If you can drive good and he is stock, you will take him.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
It should be close but you should be able to edge him out. Good luck!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Power has gotta be similar be hes gotta be lighter. I remeber LT1 Camaros running 14 flat so Im sure the Vette is gonna be a few ticks quicker. Then again that car has some age and miles and who knows what state of tune the engine is in.
Hope you win.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll keep you guys posted. There will be a youtube video of this race :yelpleased:

I need to find out what his schedule is for the next couple weeks but I'm gonna shoot for Friday April 23rd or 30th if that works for him. I'll post the exact date once I know it.

Any of you Ohioans out there outta come out and watch too!:shigrin.

It will be at National Trail Raceway in Hebron, OH.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Power has gotta be similar be hes gotta be lighter. I remeber LT1 Camaros running 14 flat so Im sure the Vette is gonna be a few ticks quicker. Then again that car has some age and miles and who knows what state of tune the engine is in.
Hope you win.
Well he just had to replace the radiator because it was overheating,,, that might be a good sign for me.......:kooky:

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
hmm the 23rd i got a dyno tune set up and a car show, then the next day is kentucky speedway!!!!!

maybe the 30th ill come run you both.... its my vacation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.