Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's an older gentleman that I've met on the highway almost every single day for the past year. I believe he has receding white hair, in his 50's or 60's, and he drives a silver V6 S197 with the fog light package. About halfway to work, we pass one another, headed in opposite directions. I don't remember exactly when, but at some point I started giving him a small wave as I passed by. Initially there was no response, but now we greet each other daily. I've never seen him anywhere in either town (I drive from one to another for work), never spoken, or anything like that. Just a simple wave each day.

I just think that's cool. :bigthumbsup Hopefully one day I'll run into him in person.

~HA

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah, hopefully not at a deserted rest stop in the middle of the night.....

J/K... That is pretty cool for real though....

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I can relate to that. There is a guy with a blue GT with silver stripes and a few other mods that drives around. I've only seen him 3 times but every time we give each other an enthusiastic wave or thumbs up. Pretty cool that 2 total strangers can be so cool with each other and never meet or talk in person. It all comes with owning a mustang.:bigthumbsup

S

·
0 Posts
That is very cool and it shows what this hobby is all about.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
flip him off just once and let us know what his reaction is.

just kidding.

that is an awesome thing.
I usually see a couple of guys on their Harley's going to work every day. I usually toss them a rev, and the reciprocate. never talked, just a rev.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I give a little wave to just about every mustang owner I see, and usually the only ones who wave back, are the ones who clearly have mods done. The 40 something year old guys or ladies driving a stock 4.0, (or stock GT for that matter) never even see me. I think it usually boils down to the mentality of the person driving the car. If it is their toy, as well as their transportation, then they will likely notice others with the same toy, and acknolege another. If it is "just a car" (and to many it is... just another car) then they aren't looking for/or at, other mustangs the same way we do. Still, its nice to feel like you belong in a kind of fraternity of fellow mustangers. I will keep waving, even if I am well aware that most won't wave back. The one in ten keeps me going. :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
nice, that's pretty cool. I generally don't get much acknowledgment from other stangers but I have gotten looks from people driving other cars, usually not angry looks which is cool

·
Registered
275 Posts
i have the same little thing with a black Challenger SRT8 with silver stripes, and once we pulled next to each other at a stop light, and pulled a little 0-70..im 17, he looks to be in his older 30's..but enthusiasts are all connected in one way or another!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Thats how it is with most of the younger guys in my town. We all give the thumbs up as we pass each other... have done it for years, we just get to know each other that way. Ive met most of them, at red lights and gas stations and they are some of the greatest people that I barely know. Its just a link between true mustang owners who have that passion, really special. Its really cool cause I know that if one of them ever had a flat, Id def stop without a question to help em change it out and im pretty sure theyd do the same for me. Just really cool :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
wow you guys are lucky. I never get anyone in another mustang to wave back or even look in my direction. Well i did once but that was because i knew the guy since 6th grade

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have white stripes and i always get waves from anyone with stripes on the road. I also wave to ANY other Mustang on the road, the V6's usually dont pay attention but the GT's are always happy to see a fellow.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Back in High School I used to see an old VW Bug on the way to school in the morning, which is how I knew if I was running late. :gringreen
Maybe one day you will meet him face to face.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I give a little wave to just about every mustang owner I see, and usually the only ones who wave back, are the ones who clearly have mods done. The 40 something year old guys or ladies driving a stock 4.0, (or stock GT for that matter) never even see me. I think it usually boils down to the mentality of the person driving the car. If it is their toy, as well as their transportation, then they will likely notice others with the same toy, and acknolege another. If it is "just a car" (and to many it is... just another car) then they aren't looking for/or at, other mustangs the same way we do. Still, its nice to feel like you belong in a kind of fraternity of fellow mustangers. I will keep waving, even if I am well aware that most won't wave back. The one in ten keeps me going. :D
Well, I'm 54 and notice every stang on the road, regardless of year. Drive by me and I'll wave! :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'll usually wave. Rarely returned, but someone's got to initiate, and it might as well be me. The way I figure, if the ones that don't wave initially get enough waves from other owners, maybe they'll eventually catch on, and start returning the gesture.

I got a headlight flash from a 2010 last weekend and we gave each other a wave as we passed in opposite directions. Quite cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.