Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Memo and i am new to not only forums but i have also been starting to learn more about vehicles and i hope to learn more as I am a member of this website.
I currently own a 1991 Ford Mustang 5.0 which is only on the restoring phase. There are minor problems with my vehicle:

1. Fuel Pump. I brought in many mechanics to check it out and they all said that its the reason it wont turn on. So I will we buying one later next week.
2. I only need other things like a quarter window, windshield, head and tail light covers, paint job, and nice clean on the engine bay.

The reason of this post is to mainly get some tips on maintaing this car in good shape and where i can find good affordable parts base on what i need. I would greatly appreciate any comments. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
lots of potential there..my car was in worse condition than that when i got it, all good now..its amazing what a paint job will do to turn the car completely around. I personally like CJponyparts.com for my parts that are not available anywhere else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DC, the website is very good and will be helpful for customization in the future. But the quater window's price almost killed me :what: lol. I better get one on craigslit instead. Thanks. oh and by the way i dont mean to get into your personal stuff but about how much money did you invest in your car to get it completely fixed?

·
Registered
428 Posts
My step brother works at a dealership in ohio and the body shop guy had it. His plans were to rebuild it completely from the ground up. Well after he rebuilt the trans. and pulled the seats and part of the engine apart he ran out of money/lost interest. I picked it up from him afer its been setting in a barn for 8 years, for $1200 bucks. Put the engine back together with a new, water pump and hoses, battery, starter solenoid, fuel pump relay. On the inside i just put the seats back in with alittle modifications to the seat frames (he installed them all messed up ??) and i put my cd player in it with subwoofers. After all that my dad painted if for me. Then got tires for it. Id say around $1000 is what i put into it total. Just found out its only got 37,000 miles on it too :gringreen

It took me about a year give or take a few months to finish it. 2 weeks after i got it done, a kid ran a red light and destroyed my hood, front bumper cover, headlights, passenger side fender which also pushed itself into my windshield and breaking that. I was NOT happy. Then it went back to our shop for new parts because the kid didnt have insurance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That part where your car was destoryed sucks. My seats are also off because I cleaned em the only thing im really worried about right now is about the exterior and misc. parts. The inside is taken care of easily because my grandma does it for a profession. Hopefully I can get it done by August, show off and little and race for $ sometimes!:gringreen Then customize real good.... then again I still have that pretty bad feeling that its not just the fuel pump since its been sitting outside for about 6 years at most. Also i dont know if the engine has been changed since it marks 999,000 miles. Lucky you yours only had 37,000. Is there any way i can check how many miles it realy has?

·
Registered
428 Posts
i hear that if you look at the miles and all the numbers are in a straight line then its under 100,000...when its over 100,000 miles the numbers will be slightly off of center. finding out if its over 200,000 or 300,000 or whatever i have no idea. Dude your car is gonna be one slick ride once you get some a fresh coat of paint on it trust me. These motors are strong and im sure by August you'll have it done if all you need to do is some body work and put a fuel pump in it. Send me some pics of the car when you are finishing up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will and thanks for the advice. I hope it is done my then. I like what you have done with yours too hopefully mine will be as good as yours is.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts