Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the blades on the coupes, but they look good on the vert. I noticed on the set I saw at a local dealer they had used a strip of lead weights amost 4" long on the inside of the wheel. It seemed a little excessive to me. Did yours balance up okay? I suspect the factory tire on that particular car may have been the culprit.

lookin good!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Nice! but the Kuhmo's gotta go!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stoenr said:
Nice! but the Kuhmo's gotta go!
Whatcha got against Kumhos? Don't say there are better performance tires out there than the Kumhos. I don't whip my car around corners and curves or try to smoke people off the line. I needed something for all around dry and wet performance at a descent price. I have noticed that they ride alot better than the stock Pirelli tires. Alot quieter too. :wavey

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ultraclyde said:
I'm not a huge fan of the blades on the coupes, but they look good on the vert. I noticed on the set I saw at a local dealer they had used a strip of lead weights amost 4" long on the inside of the wheel. It seemed a little excessive to me. Did yours balance up okay? I suspect the factory tire on that particular car may have been the culprit.

lookin good!
Thanks. There are a few weights on the inside, but nothing close to 4" long! Wow! That must have been one wobbly tire.:wavey

·
Registered
137 Posts
2k5GTC, those are some sweet fan blades... :eyepoppin

You know, I didn't like them until I saw them in person... my perspective changed after that.

If you don't mind my asking, what did the wheels set you back? I'm thinking I want a set for my 'Stang...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MrKABC said:
2k5GTC, those are some sweet fan blades... :eyepoppin

You know, I didn't like them until I saw them in person... my perspective changed after that.

If you don't mind my asking, what did the wheels set you back? I'm thinking I want a set for my 'Stang...
They were $209.00 ea plus shipping at www.tirerack.com . Shipping was cheap, relatively speaking. My total shipping charges for the fanblades and ti res was $70.00.

·
Registered
44 Posts
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm digin' on the spoiler too. Can't decide btwn that and the legend for mine. Won't have to decide till spring, though. Oh, and I love the parchment with redfire; that combo barely lost out to what I got.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sonny1213 said:
Hey 2k,
look's great! Are those tires the same height & width of the stock P's :?:
Thanks. The tires are 255/45 18s, which have a 10.04 in section width vs 9.25 for the 17s, and are 0.14 inches smaller in diameter than the stock 17s. The contact area is about an inch or so wider on the 255s. The diameter difference throws the speedometer off by 0.33 mph slow. I went ahead and had my dealer recalibrate my computer to tell it what the new tire size is. :wavey

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cornelius said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm digin' on the spoiler too. Can't decide btwn that and the legend for mine. Won't have to decide till spring, though. Oh, and I love the parchment with redfire; that combo barely lost out to what I got.
Yeah, I went back and forth between the SSe ducktail and the 3dCarbon. I decided on the later to keep away from the total retro look. :) I also basically flipped a coin deciding between the windveil blue/parchment and the redfire/parchment when I was placing my order. I love both combinations. Maybe my next one will be blue. :wavey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts