Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of tomorrow night i will be the owner of a second first generation mustang. I'm already a holder of a 1966 coupe and i was just wondering what to expect from my 351c. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to send my way? i'm very excited about all of this and would appreciate some feedback about this type of mustang. thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
One tip pop nail and seal your back board between your trunk and back seat with a steel aluminum plate,so you have a fire wall in case your gastank wil burst in a back hit accident ,check you tube for mustang 64-70 catching fire

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sadly the 71-73 are not second gen. They are still first gen. Second generation is the Mustang II from 74-78. But on the 73 351C depending on if it's just the 2V model or the CJ. The 2V makes 177 hp at 3800 rpms and the CJ makes 248 at 5400 rpms. Smog really took the oomph out of these engines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, i know its not second gen. I meant to say that its my second FIRST gen mustang that i own. i have a 66 as well. but thanks for the ideas and information on it. ill have a lot of questions in the near future so ill be on this forum a lot. thanks again.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Feel free to ask, were always here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.