Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I'm new to this site and it's been a wealth of info already. I just purchased a 2005 Mustang GT Convertible from Carmax. She's Torch Red with Red leather, 5 speed, Shaker 1000 and it had just 13,898 miles on it. It's bone stock with the original P Zero tires and 10 spoke wheels.

My previous Mustangs include:
1988 Mustang GT Convertible; White with red stripe, red cloth, auto.
1989 Mustang GT Convertible; Black with red stripe, grey leather, auto.
1991 Mustang GT hatch; Red with black cloth, Mildly modified: best ET [email protected]

Pics of my new pony can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157618995122107/

I'm a bit concerned with the mpg as on the first two tanks I only averaged 16.5. This seems low as advertised it's 17/25. I drive about 40 miles round trip for work. 1/2 city, 1/2 70 mph highway. I've been trying to use cruise control a lot. Yeah, I did get on it a few times. The paper air cleaner looks clean. I've just removed the pre cat from the inlet hose and will soon upgrade to a K&N or a BBK CAI.

I hope to get out to PBIR soon and run some quarter miles. What kind of times should I expect so I'm not too disappointed? Should I keep TCS on or off?

Torch Red Registry Member #295

Thanks for a great forum!

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:wavey Enjoy the site!! :myhappydance: :happydancer:​

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Thanks for joining us tonight.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Nice car!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome this forum does rock! And the questions about the car, most dont answer questions in the intro forum, from what i've seen, if you go to 2005 Tech you'll find all kinds of stuff there, i have already! And Welcome again! Nice Stang!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Welcome to AFM! :wavey
Check the 2005+ sections for info on track times

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts