Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3/16" thick billet aluminum. 4 1/16" in diameter. Should have it in about a week. Can't wait. :kooky:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks great, how are you getting it made?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the link! and it will definitely look great, be sure to post some pictures once it's done.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I'll definitely post pics when I get installed.

·
Registered
381 Posts
nice , did you crank up the boost or is that with other mods included?

·
Registered
532 Posts
That's awesome. I waiting a couple years and a couple thousand less before I get my supercharger.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice , did you crank up the boost or is that with other mods included?
I haven't changed the pulley yet. Waiting for the final dyno tune to do that and still undecided on the headers. Only additional power mods I have so far are the open air filter, Borla X-Pipe and Borla Atak Catback. The open air filter adds about 15 hp and the X-Pipe back is also about 15 hp.

The number was a guessing game but I'm just using a standard 15% drivetrain loss. The stock ProCharger kit with the open air filter on the stock 8 psi pulley made 427.3 rwhp (502.70 flywheel hp). That was on the stock exhaust. Add in the exhaust and that's where I came up with my 510 hp number. Wouldn't that be funny if I struggled to lay down 400 rwhp?!?!? Then my custom badge basically has me committed to headers or nitrous. LOL.

I'm not worried. 9 psi with my dyno tune, open air filter and x-pipe will have me over 433 rwhp. If not I gotta pony up for more mods. A win/win!! :yup:

That and 510 hp looks so much cooler than 475 hp....:coolest

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I haven't changed the pulley yet. Waiting for the final dyno tune to do that and still undecided on the headers. Only additional power mods I have so far are the open air filter, Borla X-Pipe and Borla Atak Catback. The open air filter adds about 15 hp and the X-Pipe back is also about 15 hp.

The number was a guessing game but I'm just using a standard 15% drivetrain loss. The stock ProCharger kit with the open air filter on the stock 8 psi pulley made 427.3 rwhp (502.70 flywheel hp). That was on the stock exhaust. Add in the exhaust and that's where I came up with my 510 hp number. Wouldn't that be funny if I struggled to lay down 400 rwhp?!?!? Then my custom badge basically has me committed to headers or nitrous. LOL.

I'm not worried. 9 psi with my dyno tune, open air filter and x-pipe will have me over 433 rwhp. If not I gotta pony up for more mods. A win/win!! :yup:

That and 510 hp looks so much cooler than 475 hp....:coolest
More mods the better. Quick question though. How do you factor back in your drivetrain loss? I thought the formula was something like:

433 (rwhp) x 1.15 (.15 being DT loss) = 497.95 Crank?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More mods the better. Quick question though. How do you factor back in your drivetrain loss? I thought the formula was something like:

433 (rwhp) x 1.15 (.15 being DT loss) = 497.95 Crank?
The calculation is a little different.

To calculate for instance a 15% loss for the drivetrain on say a stock V6, you would take 305 hp and multiply it by .85. (100% - the 15% loss = .85). So 305 x .85 = 259.25 rwhp.

To calculate flywheel hp you use the same formula but work it backwards. RWHP divided by .85. So 259.25 / .85 = 305 flywheel.

For me, 433 rwhp / .85 = 510 flywheel hp. I think Glenn put down 460 rwhp with his Bassani headers. That alone keeps me up at night. I'm worried about too much noise but it seems like headers are such a ridiculously cost effective mod compared to others we buy that I can't imagine not adding them.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll definitely post pics when I get installed.
Hey WRXified, if anything thanks for the link! I've been searching for custom badges because I personally think it's extremely gay to put "roush" or "shelby" or "GT" or anything else on a v6.. this however, is amazing!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The calculation is a little different.

To calculate for instance a 15% loss for the drivetrain on say a stock V6, you would take 305 hp and multiply it by .85. (100% - the 15% loss = .85). So 305 x .85 = 259.25 rwhp.

To calculate flywheel hp you use the same formula but work it backwards. RWHP divided by .85. So 259.25 / .85 = 305 flywheel.

For me, 433 rwhp / .85 = 510 flywheel hp. I think Glenn put down 460 rwhp with his Bassani headers. That alone keeps me up at night. I'm worried about too much noise but it seems like headers are such a ridiculously cost effective mod compared to others we buy that I can't imagine not adding them.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Listen, you have no choice BUT to go longtubes. (listen at me spending your money) I can't say for sure when, but my dream setup consist of:

Procharger
Longtubes
Catted Shorty Xpipe
FRPP Exhaust
93 Tune
Aluminum Drive Shaft

DO IT, DO IT!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for clearing that up.

Listen, you have no choice BUT to go longtubes. (listen at me spending your money) I can't say for sure when, but my dream setup consist of:

Procharger
Longtubes
Catted Shorty Xpipe
FRPP Exhaust
93 Tune
Aluminum Drive Shaft

DO IT, DO IT!
Believe me it's not going to take much arm twisting. Another buddy of mine with the same ProCharger setup is moving to the 9 psi pulley and having American Racing build him a set of headers. I am eagerly waiting to see what he can manage to pull off at the track.

I have the Borla Atak exhaust and that will stay. Also have the 3.73's and Aluminum driveshaft. When I have it dyno tuned I'm going to have them create a 91 octane tune and a 100 octane race tune. I always buy 93 octane because that's our premium fuel in Michigan and we start getting some crappy winter fuel in the cold months.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts