1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
Just installed my New, Custom GT Side Stripe
Went with a blue that was avey close match the the blue in my seats

Lost the light, so these are the best pics I can do eor now. Will take some better pics this weekend

So what do you all think, it's ok can take it if you don't like

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
hmmm

Not as gaudy as some but I dig the clean look of that car more.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P.S. ...It looks like that rubber air dam/lip thing is missing a pin on the driver's side.
Yes I know
It was damaged in transport, or before I took delivery, along with the front facia. The dealer forgot to order that part, but should be here on monday

·
Registered
242 Posts
I like it . Little different. I am also doing custom stripes on mine to match the interior. I think it brings the whole car together. Nice job.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Not sure I like it....looks too much like painter's tape...reminds me of racing events where people tape off car parts they do not want to get damaged.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies. pros and cons

This was just a test set of stripes to see how I like it, and how they actually look on the car. When you see it on a comuter screen you never know what it will look like on the car till you install them. Overall I like it a lot, but am going to modify it just a little. Going to increase the outer stripe and the gap between the main stripe, from 1/8 tp 3/16 of a inch, and may also round the corners.

Eventally I may even have Auto Trim design make me a set of black faded stripes, simillar to the Cal Special stripe, but using my design
- Ford Mustang Body Side Stripe Graphic Kit 12#

Or take a look at some different vinyl and see if there is a better color if I stay with regular vinyl. We just used one of the colors my friend had in his shop

any other sugestions are welcome

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks good man great job.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I like the stripe but if I had a choice I would get it without the "GT" script.

I can't tell by the pics for sure but it's basically Grabber Blue?
the Silver and GB go very well together, I've considered replacing my white stripe with a silver stripe (matching my wheel color) without the "Mustang" script, sort of the opposite of your car.

nice accent on a great looking car.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
A bit flashy for me... On a grey Mustang I would go with black stripes, but it's your car. ;)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys here is a update
I said I was going to increase the size of the outer stripe and the gap between it, and the main stripe. Well did the changes, and also picked out a better vinyl. Found a metalic, not a reflective vinyl that matches the metalic in the paint, and also all the charcoal pground effects of the car.

I think I looks a whole lot better, hope you like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
MUCH better...but I still think it is unneeded. :yup:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like the blue one better. It makes your car stand out.
Thanks I did like the blue, and had a hard time deciding what color to go with, but in person this vinyl looks better. This color has a lot more pop in the sunshine, and really compliments the plastic ground effects that come on our cars, plus the metalic compliments the metalflake in my paint job

Had to fix two little sections, I thought I had everything perfectlly straight, but out cars have some weird curves to them. So took a laser level, and found what really is straight on our cars.

here are some better pics, at the same place with laser straight (hehe) stripes

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts