Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have to start off by saying, great forum! Lots of information here! I love it! :bigthumbsup

Well, I just (today) picked up my new baby! It's the 3rd Mustang in my long laundry list of cars (first was a '79 5.0 that got me through High School and College, then a '98 GT Convertible that I never should have sold!)

So, here she is, if I can manage to attach the picture correctly (yes they're from the dealer website, more to follow, I'm sure!)

2007 GT with 31.980 miles on it!! :grinroll:

I'm super excited, no I'm gonna go drive it some more!!

Great to be here,
Shawn!

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
welcome to the forums buddy. very nice stang.

mod that sucker :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Nice car! Congrats:bigthumbsup

So. Is it staying stock :(? Or becoming a monster:winks?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not going to stay stock, but it's gonna be my daily driver, so I'm not gonna go crazy (I live in the People's Republik of Kalifornia :laugh: Gonna start with a short throw shifter, haven't completely decided, but I'm thinking MGW. FRPP has a CAI/exhaust combo that is theoretically 50 state legal....I'll research that one a little more though.

Then I'm thinking suspension....brakes.....tires/wheels, though nothing gaudy. I'm thinking understated, and then SURPRISE!! haha

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You can save money on the suspension until you start making some bigger power, the stock suspension is pretty good, IMO.

You should make sure you get a tuner, will make the car much more fun to drive and you will get better use from that CAI.

I don't think there are any laws against gears. Maybe some 4.10s or 3.73s. This will also make a nice difference.

BTW It's easy to take of the cai and tune and put the stock stuff back on before any tests. Probably take you 20 minutes.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Great looking car! Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums. Now you just gotta get some White stripes for that pony:winks

·
Registered
307 Posts
good looking ride! Beware, these cars are addicting, fun, and you always want to add more! lol! Enjoy it man, the s197 is one of the sweetest stangs ever built !

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Welcom to the site, Congrats on your GT, Love that color ( Vista Blue ) :yup::yup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everybody! Also, thanks for the info on the local clubs. Always more fun in person! There will be updates! :bigthumbsup

Thanks for the advice on the stock suspension...I've been driving it all day, and my first impression is right on with what you said. I made room in the garage for her to spend the night! Haha, my Honda used to sleep outside in the elements!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and Enjoy Your Mustang:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
549 Posts
One thing you'll notice in high traction situations is the wheel hop the stock suspension has. i'm add some lower control arms to get rid of that. i have those, and upper control arms, wheel hop is gone, launches are straight as an arrow. have fun!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha, yeah, I've been driving around all day, no where to go in particular, but I didn't care! I *was* like :smilie all day! I did notice a little bit of the wheel hop, but I've also got to get used to it a little bit. I haven't owned a Mustang since '01, and I traded in a Honda Civic.......lol :kooky:I'm loving getting acquainted with my car!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sweet ride nice color...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts