Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys figured I'd share this little wanna be roof spoiler mod I just added to my mustang...

I did it on my Accord that I had before the mustang and really liked how it came out so figured I'd try it on the new car. I think its a keeper...

Probably no where near anything functional looks nice I think.

On my Accord, the 3rd brake light is on the rear deck in the interior and the 12% tint covered it up so much that it was nearly useless in the florida sun... so i went further by adding a water proof RED LED strip on to it which I tapped the 3rd brake light for and used it as my third brake light.

I've had thoughts of doing that to the mustang since the GT500 spoiler kinda comes close to covering up the 3rd brake light on the trunk lid. So the idea was getting one of those 3rd brake light decal that would spell out something... in this case I'd do something like 'M U S T A N G'... and then since my 3rd brake light would be almost useless, i'd add my LED mod to the 'roof spoiler'...

LoL little touches that make a difference...probably ricey.. but looks nice in the end I think.

Here's what the LED looked like on the Accord:

And an Idea of the light decal, mine again would just say: M U S T A N G

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
you sure love the rice dont you, lmao just kidding, unique touch on the car thats for sure. your car, your mods, enjoy:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha yep... never had anything other than a honda/acura since i was old enough to drive...

I love this mustang... but like I said before gotta throw a bit back to my roots I guess lol...

On a platform where there is just SO much out there for these cars, and so many people modifying them it just seems like everything's been done...

Its a struggle to find things that look nice, but are unique.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Not bad... It's hardly noticeable, but the keen eye Mustang fan will notice.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I am neutral about the little spoiler, but the rest of your stang looks good!

·
Registered
592 Posts
There is a waitress in my town with a v6 black that has that roof spoiler. In person it doesn't look cheesy at all, I like it.

Those last 3 pictures are very nice :shigrin

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
OP, you're the dude with the crazy lights in the fascia. I like that your roof spoiler is not overpowering. When it comes to "rice," subtle is nice. :gringreen I really like the uniqueness of your ride! Different but not gaudy.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Its a struggle to find things that look nice, but are unique.
True, but it's gonna be hard to be unique, it's easier to be rare...
At the end it's your car, but keep in mind that you have a Mustang not a Honda...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its really hard to figure out a way to get the rear end of the mustang to look better/ unique... especially since my car is black.

When the car is silver/white/whatever... the contrast of the black lower valance and maybe some blacked out tail lights or tail light black out panels between the lights is easier to work with.

I wanna do a tail light panel of some sort on my mustang. I dont really like carbon fiber and I dont care for the 'slatted' look of the factory piece.

Cervini makes a completely flat one in flat black that I'm highly considering.

But the question is does anyone know if someone makes a honeycomb style one for the 10+ models?

Similar to the 05-09 one...

·
Registered
752 Posts
No honeycomb that I know of for the 10+. SHR was going to do one like they have for 05-09, but it is on hold. I wanted to keep my GT badge, wound up getting a SLP flat piece, black molded, from Late Model Restoration, looks good and price was right, considerably cheaper than 3D Carbon one that needs painting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts