Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out whats the next thing I should buy for my car, I'm not sure I really want to spend the money on heads or intake yet and my car is close to 170,000 miles so I'm not sure about nitrous either. Throttle bodies from what I have seen are not worth the money.What do ya'll think would be the next best bang for the buck? I really want something that will add a decent amount of power, I'm tired of getting outrun from a roll. Here is a list of what I have done:
1995 Mustang GT
-Ford Racing Underdrive Pulleys
-Ford Racing Ceramic coated shorty headers
-Ford Racing King Cobra Clutch
-Ford Racing 3.73 gears
-Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back exhaust
-MAC off-road h-pipe
-Pro-5.0 short shifter
-MSD Blaster Coil
-C&L 76mm Mass Air and intake
-Lakewood upper and lower control arms

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well, you're options are pretty limited, as you already have the bolt on's. Drag Radials would help you hook and accelerate a little harder, but I wouldn't want to use them on the street all year, especially in bad weather.

Basically, your're options are: H/C/I, supercharger, turbo, nitrous, stroker, or 351, 460, or stroker versions swap.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
If your compression readings are still good I'd go for a bigger cam and throw on some 1.7 rockers.

I would decide now what you want to do with the car. If it's going to be only street / some track, I'd stick with a head/cam/intake combo that keeps the power down low. A good combo is the trickflow combo that includes their twist wedge heads, stage 1 cam, pushrods, guide plates, rocker arms, gaskets.

With that many miles I'd be concerned if it would be better to spend $ on a rebuild so you odnt have any down time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.