Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BBR Throttle Body and BBR Glass Radiator Hose and 1 piece Alum drive Shaft and I am still in consideration on which wheels I want.

Right now I am looking at CCW's 3pc Forged wheels they are freaking light and look clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
O.K. I'll go first, why a glass hose? You already know what color the antifreeze is. Nice throttle body!!

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because its some thing different. Some thing to draw more attention to my car more less for car shows. People use them though to help notice if there is any thing wrong with there engines. ie leaks in the heads and ect.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
because its some thing different. Some thing to draw more attention to my car more less for car shows. People use them though to help notice if there is any thing wrong with there engines. ie leaks in the heads and ect.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
wouldnt glass not do too well under extreme heat?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
The Heat won't hurt it. I'm sure its tempured glass, its used in the kitchen all the time for cooking. Just not for me,but it looks alright.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Is it me or does a glass radiator hose seem a bit frivolous? Maybe I'm just not all that into watching my antifreeze flow. :)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Interesting look with the glass tube. A bit "mad scientist". :grinroll:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the glass is extremly strong. I doubt that any thing would cause it to break. Unless I am careless with my car.

This is not a daily driver any more as well. I think I will put less then 60 miles a week on it.

I want an eye catching engine bay. Like I said before any thing to draw more attention to my cars engine for car shows :)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
It is definately eye catching.I say if you like it go for it. You are the one that will have to see it all the time. It would make your car unique.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats the point and if I dont like it I am sure I can sale it. Whats another 150 bucks compared to the mods I have done lol

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I just got done talking with Jared from Lethal and he says for the TB all I would have to do is mod my stock manifold. Pretty much cut out the center over the Intake manifold so its equal to the Mono Blade and just Machine it out.

So looks like once I get home its time to start hacking away.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
the glass is extremly strong. I doubt that any thing would cause it to break. Unless I am careless with my car.

This is not a daily driver any more as well. I think I will put less then 60 miles a week on it.

I want an eye catching engine bay. Like I said before any thing to draw more attention to my cars engine for car shows :)
Is it really glass or is it plexiglass?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Well I just got done talking with Jared from Lethal and he says for the TB all I would have to do is mod my stock manifold. Pretty much cut out the center over the Intake manifold so its equal to the Mono Blade and just Machine it out.

So looks like once I get home its time to start hacking away.
Cut out the center of what? I'm not following.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cut out the center of what? I'm not following.
The intake manifold... The ports in the intake manifold match for the duel holes in the stock TB. You have to cut that center section out to make it one big hole to match the mono blade. To allow the mass amount of air flow to transfer into it.

This will allow the more airflow to transfer and give the TB's Mono Blade room to open and close.

Sure there is a risk but hey if that happen then I will just get me a hogans intake manifold lol.

I think it will be a cool mod to do and I think I should be one of the first to do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah. Just get a dremel, some fine sand paper to get it nice and smooth and then an air gun to ensure there are no little pieces inside. Ebay has them for 50 bucks (manifolds) so i might just buy on from there and just play with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.