Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say it is PENDING because I have not gotten the money to purchase it as of yet. Expecting the money between 26 Dec and 14th of January.

Car is a fox mustang with a 410 Windsor, dart block, all forged internals, SVO heads, custom modified SVO intake,
has I believe 2" headers, tube chassis, big tires, 9" rear end, powerglide, and runs on alcohol.

I have to do a bit of maintenance to it before getting to run it down the track.
It needs an oil change, and the carb needs to be given a breakdown and cleaning cause it sat most of last year.
It will also need a fresh set of plugs.

I know I will get chastised over this, but I am not sure I want to keep the engine that is in it because I simply prefer LS engines.
I have spoken to a local guy who would love to have the engine and I swear he was drooling over it on the phone.
The car has been 5.80's in the 1/8th on motor only, and is built to handle a fair sized dose of nitrous on top.

It is in pretty dire need of a good bath and cleaning, and there is a hood to go along with the car.
But he had it put up and I could not get a picture of it when I was there to take these pictures.

If you are wondering about the nitrous bottle, it is upside down to run the air shift and throttle stop.
Current owner has it set up using a nitrous controller for the throttle stop based on time, and air shift is RPM controlled.

Attachments

·
Registered
07 Mustang GT
535 Posts
Looks well built and with a bit of work will can be back on the track. Do what you wish for the car keeping safety in mind.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
yep do what you want your money but I dont recall a LS motor running 5.80's NA.

I'd clean the wiring up and the maintence you mentioned and to the track you go.

79-85 with front clip swap??

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'll give you a grand for that "junk" engine so you can buy a "real" ( LS ) engine LOL Honestly that Ford engine should out power an NA LS. 850-900 at that CI should be no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts