Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track yesterday with my car for the first time in 2 years!

Off the trailer: R/T .009
60' 1.401
1/8 6.539
1/4 10.330 @ 127.03

I was suppose to just get a feel for the car on the first run and I couldn't let off since the car took off so square w/o getting sideways.

Best run: R/T .232
60' 1.399
1/8 6.472 @ 105.45
1/4 10.203 @ 131.16

Here's that run:YouTube - Record run for me!!

I ran 4 passes all staying around each other. 10.33; 10.44; 10.33; and 10.20.

I really need to work on my burn out technique!! It's different on a track versus a street.

I've thought about a couple things that hopefully should get me to my next dream of 10.0's. Got to do it one step at a time.:bigthumbsup

I will share more video footage as soon as I get them. Talk about being excited, I had a great time yesterday and the best part........ NO BRAKE DOWNS!! (I had 1 minor on but ran 10.20 after the quick fix!)

R

·
0 Posts
Never dream 10.0 .....:sleeping:

that dream should be 9.99 .....:)

car looks & sounds great.....:bigthumbsup

the 2 yr. layoff didn't seem to hurt you at all.....

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Looking darn good!!!

Car left really nice!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking darn good!!!

Car left really nice!!:bigthumbsup
I can really tell those springs making a differece on the weight transfer. I was running 12lbs of air in the rear tires.

Never dream 10.0 .....:sleeping:

that dream should be 9.99 .....:)

car looks & sounds great.....:bigthumbsup

the 2 yr. layoff didn't seem to hurt you at all.....
That dream of 9.99 could very well be possible but I still want to take it one step at a time. I have some simple things to take care of that should get me there.

my buddy just emailed me some pictures. Check this one out.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't get the pics to open,.....:weeps
I can't get it to attach properly but it is a picture with the front wheels in the air! Nothing that the fuel pump had to worry about though!:gringreen

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
That was a great launch,man your car sounds good.Keep it up.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
What kind of tire are you running back there??

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I run 10.5psi in the same tire. We run that same pressure in a couple of Fox's too. You might take a little pressure out and see what that does for you.

Remember that once you do that burnout the tire pressure is going to go up.....probably launching on more like 13 or better psi.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I run 10.5psi in the same tire. We run that same pressure in a couple of Fox's too. You might take a little pressure out and see what that does for you.

Remember that once you do that burnout the tire pressure is going to go up.....probably launching on more like 13 or better psi.
I thought about going lower in pressure but I also thought about what we talked about when the car starts drifting around on the track.

Let me ask you, If they were set at say 10.5 during the run the psi goes up from the heat. After they cool down in between, will they go back to the 10.5?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
They will go back, but it might not be 10.5 exactly. I always bring an air bottle and before each run set the rear tires to 12psi when I get under the tower either myself or one of the guys will leed the tires down to exactly 10.5psi.

Same routine everytime. If you sit in the lanes for too long with sun on one side of the car you can actually have one tire at a higher psi then another. That's why you always bleed them down right before you run.

Transversly you over inflate the tires just incase you get stuck in the lanes too long and the tires cool and you start to loose pressure. Again, this is why you wait to the last minute to bleed them down.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They will go back, but it might not be 10.5 exactly. I always bring an air bottle and before each run set the rear tires to 12psi when I get under the tower either myself or one of the guys will leed the tires down to exactly 10.5psi.

Same routine everytime. If you sit in the lanes for too long with sun on one side of the car you can actually have one tire at a higher psi then another. That's why you always bleed them down right before you run.

Transversly you over inflate the tires just incase you get stuck in the lanes too long and the tires cool and you start to loose pressure. Again, this is why you wait to the last minute to bleed them down.
Gotcha!! Sometimes I would see people covering there tires, this would be the reason. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.