when money permits im going to buy
*used centrifugal blower kit
*255 lph fuel pump and regulator
*42 pound injectors
*pro m mass air
*dyno tune!
*maby a crank pulley and power-pipe if i need it
*boost gauge

so far i got 900$ saved and thats my plan ,right now i think i got 290rwhp shifting at 6k rpm(tfs1 cam is great)

how much boost will it take to hit 400 hp?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I dont think that motor will handle 400 Hp, the only upgrade I saw in that respect was hardend pushrods, It might make 400 Hp but not for long.

·
Registered
636 Posts
An 8psi boost will yield a ~45% HP gain so that should achieve what you're looking for.
in order to reach 400 hp to the wheels you will need more than 8 psi with a centri blower...

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I dont think that motor will handle 400 Hp, the only upgrade I saw in that respect was hardend pushrods, It might make 400 Hp but not for long.
With proper tuning 400hp in a 5.0 HO is not a problem. The only place you need to be careful is the hypereutectic pistons. They will work unless you have any detonation and ignore it, they will shatter. Again, a good tune is even more paramount if you're using hypers.

in order to reach 400 hp to the wheels you will need more than 8 psi with a centri blower...
I don't think he spec'd 400 to the wheels (?).
But yes, I think that would be a very tall order. 400 at the crank with 8psi sounds very reasonable to me... but I am not a forced induction expert.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i was hoping to put 400 to the wheels but would be happy with 370+

but with a dyno tune my hyperpathetic pistons should be ok right

·
Registered
636 Posts
yea i was hoping to put 400 to the wheels but would be happy with 370+

but with a dyno tune my hyperpathetic pistons should be ok right
they really arent as bad as people make them out to be. they can still take a beating....you will be fine

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Tune will be key and will keep most motors together since that is one thing people overlook. 10 lbs should put you around the hp area you want fo sho:bigthumbsup You understand that other componennts will assist you in making more power but it is attainable with your current combo.

·
Registered
176 Posts
To get another 100 rwhp with a blower should be cake. I gained over 130 with stock 5.0 e7 heads intake cam and all...likebullitt said..blowers work on a % gain..not specific hp gain..with watu got u should be able to get it with even as low as 6 tp 7 pounds of boost

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank for your help guys

no only if i had all the money lol

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
8 psi and some methanol injection would get you what you want. I highly recommend the meth or an inner/aftercooler with your combo. The p heads raise your compression and detonation is bad on them and your hyper pistons. I use meth big help from detonation along with a tune of course.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont want to do meth injection cause its a street car(how street friendly is it and can i just use water???)

so how do i do a air to air inter-cooler on a passenger side vortech/paxton

looks like i might have to go procharger

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not sure on the vortech psxton..bu suree love my procharger! Intercooler pipe doesn't even get warm to the touch after beating the s***out of the car..lowers intake tems significantly n soo much better for the engine n makes more power too! Gonna cost more thou..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.