Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is what your new car looks like after an oil recycling tanker truck blows several gallons of used oil all over your car. Washed it and after further inspection everywhere there was oil, it has now etched into the clear coat/ paint. He got the hood, bumper, roof and entire drivers side of the car. Man I am not a happy camper :mad:.This happened at my work in the parking lot. Wont be parking there again. Tomorow I get to go hit the body shops to get some quotes. Have had this car almost three months and Its going back to the bodyshop for the second time already.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Dude, that sucks!!! Do you know the name of the company that operates the truck that did this? You should make them pay to fix your paint!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would send them your bill. And if they don't pay it, hire a lawyer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already Filed a claim with the company. They told me to go get some quotes and they will take care of it. They think it only needs a good washing. LOL. They have no idea what they are in for on the repair. I think its going to need a repaint. Already tried washing, waxing, claybar and rubbing compond with no results. What makes it even worse is I spent over 3 hours washing, waxing and detailing the car Sunday evening. It was looking oh so purdy before this happened.

·
Registered
506 Posts
$20 says the driver owns a camaro and regrets it.

hope she cleans up alright at the bodyshop

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ugh. My heart bleeds for you, that looks terrible.

·
Banned
886 Posts
WOW!Sorry to see that happen to anybody!

WTH please enlighten us a little more.Why was this truck there & how on earth did the oil get on the car?

This happened while it was parked in a lot.Almost looks deliberate!

I'd have somebody's ASS!:nono:

Did they have a special needs person working for them?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW!Sorry to see that happen to anybody!

WTH please enlighten us a little more.Why was this truck there & how on earth did the oil get on the car?

This happened while it was parked in a lot.Almost looks deliberate!

I'd have somebody's ASS!:nono:

Did they have a special needs person working for them?
I am a mechanic at a shop. Where my car was parked was at the end of the row by the back of our shop. This truck comes every week to empty our used oil tank. Always pulls up by where I park. Has done so for the last 11 years I have worked there. While the guy was pumping the oil a valve or something broke spraying my car with oil. I was one of three cars that got the oil bath. But mine was first in line and got the most of it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are you considering a custom paint color? Maybe add some metal flake.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd stay away from trucks full of chickens until you get that cleaned up.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Two words... Justifiable Homicide :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
this SUCKS! man i hope you get it fixed. I love that kona blue color too which makes me even more pissed.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Oh that's soooo terrible. Thank god they're paying.

Probably wouldn't work but what about a clay bar or a good polish?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
That's... I really just don't even have the words. I feel so bad for you. What made that oil stick like paint and/or sink in like that, is it mixed with some sort of solvent, extreme heat? Damn.

Good luck with getting everything getting taken care of, hope we are looking at the "after" pictures soon.

·
Registered
603 Posts
And here I am bitching about a little nick in my brand new rim (from no fault of my own). I feel for you. This just makes me sick to my stomach to see. The best of luck to you in getting this worked out and having her look even better than before. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.