Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my promise.. sorry to be a killjoy.

After reading hundreds of posts of "where's my car?", "what train is it on?", "what truck is it on?", "what ramp is it on?", "what quadrant is it in?", "will the oil slow the progress of my car arriving?"..... I promise to not call my dealership or Ford asking where my car is.

It comes when it comes. Calling will do nothing to affect when the car comes.

Thinking about it will not affect when the car comes.

When the dealer gets it, they will call me, whether it is one month or 4 months from now. They will not just let it sit on their lot after it arrives; I'm certain they will call when it comes in. They would not want a car to sit on their lot after it gets there.

I will go on with life as one should and not beat myself up as to where a car is... it's just a car.

This is my promise.

Remember people... it will come when it comes... fretting, calling, worrying will not change anything.

If it's sunny outside... go out and play and think about something else besides the car.

Peace!

·
Registered
213 Posts
You're so right...I have to take that attitude now, besides, it'll give me more time to sell my current Mustang...

2/8 - ordered
5/4 - built and sent to Ramp 51
6/1 - advised that my car was one of 18 not shipping
6/1 - advised a replacement would be fast-tracked
6/22 - still no word...no VIN, no build date...nothing

So I pass the time riding my Harley and try not to fret over it....

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
fjg still no word . i ordere dmine 2 days b4 you hmm maybe they are backed up on th ebremebo and 3.73s?

·
Registered
213 Posts
but your signature has the vin date, the build date, and the ETA? Come on :) You know you're tracking your baby :)
I bet he'll get it on time...so many later builds seem to be delivered as scheduled....

·
Registered
213 Posts
fjg still no word . i ordere dmine 2 days b4 you hmm maybe they are backed up on th ebremebo and 3.73s?
I wish I knew...but I thought I saw some VINs issued to members for orders placed after my 6/1 re-order...

·
Registered
244 Posts
fjg i feel so bad for you :( that sucks, really sucks. I know they all say "once you get your car you forget all the wait and torment" but still, it's not cool. Ask the dealer to loan you one until you get yours :)

bryce, cool mods :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Agree with Bryce. No use fretting over something you have no control over. Mine built 5/25. Still waiting. Now that cars are being shipped, every time the phone rings, I think "is this the call?" Waiting is hard!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I thought I was the only one doing that. Every time I come home I head directly to the answering machine to check also.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
927 Posts
Wish I could make the same promise, and I completly understand and agree with you , but I can't for a different reason.

My current Stang is being traded for the 5.0. I getting a great deal and since I know the sales mgr, he is fine with me removing my mods...

Only thing is, I dont want to pull them off too early. Who knows, I could be waitng until Sept. before I see my 5.0.

So the main reason I am tracking the progress and putting myself through this pain is that I really need to feel comfortable as to the timing of removing my mods.

I really dont want to drive my current Stang all summer stripped back to stock , I will not enjoy that either..

Again, I do agree with you completely, wasting the whole summer worring about something we can't control is stupid..

·
Registered
316 Posts
I spent allllot of money on this car and i wanted to know where it was at. Personally i think it was fun tracking and finding where it was at before she came home to daddy. I lucked out bc my father works for ford so he checked it every morning.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like an update once a week or so. Its been hard for me to wait, because my "fun cars" have been down for 4+ years. After daily driving a 92 Integra LS for 3 years, I'm ready to have something fun. Plus it's my first brand new car. I also want to hear an update on the ETA, because it's changed twice now, luckily both to earlier dates.

I was insanely excited when I got to see my window sticker, I look at it every morning lol. Knowing that it was built on Monday makes me even more antsy! So far I haven't gotten an update from my dealer this week, but he may update me on Friday, like he did last week. Also thinking about calling CS to see what they have to say. It'll be the first time I've called. I'd love to have a copy of the tracking sheets when or before it gets here, just to have a copy of it's progress to file away. (All my cars have file folders to keep track of parts, maintenance, etc).

My mother in law told me she would make it her mission to keep my mind off it by making me think of other stuff going on, but after failing at that she reminds me about it everyday to "annoy" me :p

I totally understand and agree with you though! I am just incapable of making the same promise :)

·
Registered
173 Posts

After reading hundreds of posts of "where's my car?", "what train is it on?", "what truck is it on?", "what ramp is it on?", "what quadrant is it in?", "will the oil slow the progress of my car arriving?"..... I promise to not call my dealership or Ford asking where my car is.

When the dealer gets it, they will call me, whether it is one month or 4 months from now. They will not just let it sit on their lot after it arrives; I'm certain they will call when it comes in. They would not want a car to sit on their lot after it gets there.

I will go on with life as one should and not beat myself up as to where a car is... it's just a car.

This is my promise.

Remember people... it will come when it comes... fretting, calling, worrying will not change anything.

If it's sunny outside... go out and play and think about something else besides the car.

Peace!

You're one of those people who post on Facebook, "Nothing to post today", aren't you? :p

I'm really glad you don't care when/if you get your car. Ford needs more "Non customers" like that. Many of us, however, had or have plans for our cars and they are a part of our lives. If it's an appliance to you, so be it. But I've said it before and I'll repeat it here: "You can't SELL cars on emotion and not expect that same emotion to not come into play when the cars are delayed."

Now... I took delivery yesterday. I'm going out to play in the sun. :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Here's the problem Bryce, you ordered your car less than a month ago. A lot of the people on here who were worrying and doing research about their cars are people who ordered in January, February, and March... You got your Vin 2 weeks after you ordered... they got theirs two months after they ordered. It's cool that you are fine with just chillin until it gets to you, but let them do all the tracking down on their cars as they want. I've read a couple people who ordered their cars from a dealership and found out later that it never actually got ordered. Good thing they looked into it, dont you think? That is why all those threads are out there. Because people are not just concerned about their car, they are concerned about their investment and want to make sure everything is still good with it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
CD, you got your car and no pics??? Shame on you!

Tell him again Tom!

·
Registered
117 Posts

This is my promise.

Peace!
Haha that would be great If my current car wasn't dieing and I didnt need to decide wether or not to pay for repairs. In other words, if I am going to wait another month , maybe i will invest in a muffler haha.... if its going to be a few days I can just put off a few errands and not worry about the exhaust system falling out... which it is. I dont obsess over my arrival date only because I am excited, its because i need to make sure my car can make it to the dealership!:spineyes::frustrated:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Now this is my situation. I'm tired of the lack of information. I work in IT and one my customers biggest issues, and that I try and resolve, is lack of information on what's going on. I don't mind waiting on things, esp. when I want it done right, however customer service is a HUGE part of any sale, and informing your customer on delivery is a part of that.

Anytime you buy something that has to be built then shipped, you get updates on when it's going to be there. If there is a delay, the company tells you. Ford has forgotten this practice, and doesn't realize that they will be loosing customers due to this lack of info. I'll now step down off of my soap box. I'm also done with ever ordering from Ford ever again. I'll take dealer stock next time, if there is a next time.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have posted many "where's my car?" comments, but I don't feel like I obsessed over this. When I ordered in FEB I waited patiently, watched the forum for when they were starting to build, etc. When they started the builds of the retail orders I asked my dealer for the VIN to try to get insurance lined up (that seems sooooo long ago). It wasn't until it was actually built and sitting there with no news or progress that it got annoying.

The icing on the cake is when they put out the info that they will be reprioritized by order date and I still haven't seen or heard anything. You also have people like fjg109 that are even having a worse experience and not hearing anything but bad news. That is just not what I call "customer service."

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.