Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been a member of the site for a while now. I don't tend to post much so I figured, since I can't go anywhere because of the hurricane, I would post some pictures of my car I took on a drive through Sky Line Drive in hopes of being able to remember what it looks like outside with no rain. Enjoy!

·
Administrator
13,274 Posts
Nice, Thanks! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
724 Posts
looks amazing!!! i love the headlights, is that the oracle kit? also can u plz plz plz tell me where u found the RTR stripes!!! ive been trying to find a decent set of those.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks amazing!!! i love the headlights, is that the oracle kit? also can u plz plz plz tell me where u found the RTR stripes!!! ive been trying to find a decent set of those.
Thanks guys! The headlights are the Oracle ColorShift 2.0 Halos. I purchased the RTR Stripe Kit from American Muscle. Shortly after I received the kit in the mail, they stopped selling it. My guess is licensing issues with Ford / RTR. I do have the hood kit that I don't plan on using. I just wanted the side stripes. Ever since I saw them on the first RTR, I really wanted them. I love the way they accentuate the "hips" on the car.

·
Registered
724 Posts
yah i remember them starting to sell those but couldnt find them after a couple of days... can u send me a link to which kit u bought or a list of parts and how hard was the install?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Amazing pics, those oracles are sweet...i've been looking into them as well.

Was it a complete kit with new bulbs/projectors and the halo or did you have to fit the halo into the existing headlights? The kit uses stock non HIDs right? Any issues with lighting if they are new sets of bulbs?

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
A sweet looking Mustang + Skyline Dr=:worship

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks guys! The headlights are the Oracle ColorShift 2.0 Halos. I purchased the RTR Stripe Kit from American Muscle. Shortly after I received the kit in the mail, they stopped selling it. My guess is licensing issues with Ford / RTR. I do have the hood kit that I don't plan on using. I just wanted the side stripes. Ever since I saw them on the first RTR, I really wanted them. I love the way they accentuate the "hips" on the car.
Your car looks awesome! did you have to go to a shop to order and install those halos or could you order them online and do them yourself!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yah i remember them starting to sell those but couldnt find them after a couple of days... can u send me a link to which kit u bought or a list of parts and how hard was the install?
Black RTR Style Graphics Package (10-12 All) at AmericanMuscle.com - Discontinued

I started to do the install of the stripes myself since I had some experience installing vinyl on my car previously. As soon as I started lining up the side stripes, I knew I wasn't going to be able to get them dead straight and exactly matching on either side. Since I'm a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff, I bit the bullet and decided to get a local shop to install them (D&V Autobody). They did a fantastic job.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Amazing pics, those oracles are sweet...i've been looking into them as well.

Was it a complete kit with new bulbs/projectors and the halo or did you have to fit the halo into the existing headlights? The kit uses stock non HIDs right? Any issues with lighting if they are new sets of bulbs?
Your car looks awesome! did you have to go to a shop to order and install those halos or could you order them online and do them yourself!

I kept the stock headlight assemblies. I'm not sure if they can do the install in HIDs or not. I was going to do the install myself, but once I realized that entailed putting each headlight assembly in an oven to soften up the seal on the lens and pull apart the lens, and then again to seal the lens back after the install, I decided to sent it off and let them do the install.

When I got it back, it came with the halos installed in the assemblies, a control box with an infrared sensor and remote to control the halos. I wired the control box into the center console and ran the wires through the firewall and very cleanly hid them down to the headlights all the while soldering the connections and thoroughly taping them off. I've had no issues with the lighting since install. Had them in the car for a few months now.

·
Registered
837 Posts
One of the nicest Mustangs I've seen! Has a very aggressive stance! Very nice. :gringreen

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
690 Posts
That looks shweet!

Tim

·
Registered
277 Posts
WOW love your car it's truly perfect!
Whatever u do don't add or take away another thing!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm very careful with what I decide to add, and do a lot of research before hand. The only thing I've done since those photos is add blacked out corner marker lights. I take a lot of pride in my car, and making it my own. To me, that's one of the best things about our cars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts