Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
4.10 rear...Yukon axles.. Detroit locker.. hi flo cats.. black heart shorty headers... slp catted x pipe... sr performance strut tower braces sub fram connectors. Double rear caliper, slotted roters,, wildwood hydro e brake foot pedal.. bama rev x tuner,, sr twin 62 throttle body. Jlt series 3 cold air intakes.... ok.. with out getting to crazy,, what else would you suggest.. and those who drag,, any first time suggestions for the boy? I'm just a simple ol head diesel wrencher.. thank you for your time.. we hope to... opps .. I mean HE hopes to have some fun with her.. again thanks fello gear jammers..
Rectangle Font Parallel Handwriting Pattern
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting White Automotive design
Wheel Tire White Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Administrator
4,805 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

·
Registered
05 GT Premium, satin silver over red
200 Posts
Many of those modifications seem geared to drifting rather than drag racing. Is your son willing give up cornering ability in order to improve straight line acceleration?
I see the car also has the FRPP intake manifold. That, along with the throttle body and exhaust mods were a lot of money spent for very little performance improvement. Does the car have aftermarket rear lower control arms? I can't tell from the pics. Those are a must have on these cars for me.
Other than the RLCAs, I would suggest he stops throwing parts at the car and just gets it out to a drag strip to try it out. Work on reaction time and 60' time and ignore the E.T. for now. Once he can consistently cut a good light and get sub 2.1 60' times on street tires, buy a set of slicks if he's still interested in drag racing. If he's more or less happy with the car's performance at that point, he can make a bit of extra power with some cams and long tube headers. If he really want's to turn it up, a supercharger and some drag only suspension mods and skinny front tires should easily put the car into the low 11s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts