Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my mustang after i did the 1993 cobra intake at first it felt real quick, but the second day i drove it it felt like a different car. its really weird but it feels dogged down. The only thing i touched b4 the second time i drove it was the pcv was not hooked up. so b4 i drove it the next day i ran a new line. thats it. disgusted i put in motor craft platinum plugs ford racing wires and msd cap and rotor, and still feels doged down.

I had 3:55 gears put in and they feel good, but still not like my cars was b4 the intake swap.

some things i noticed while drivin it now is when im about half way on the gas it really feels good then once i put my foot down to the floor it feels dogged. It seriouselt faster b4 i swapped the intake.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow i didnt know that, ill do it tomorrow morning, and report back. Also u think fuel filter?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did the test , i had a 22, or 11. i couldn tell. but im pretty sure it was a 22

11 - System Pass (O,M,R)
22 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Sensor Out Of Self Test Range (O,M,R)

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Need to make sure of the Codes. An 11 should be by itself, unless there are memory codes.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya it was eleven i had a friend check it. this car is really makin me mad

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'd check for a vacuum leak. Spray some carb cleaner all around the intake by the upper/lower, tb, egr and all the hose connections.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
If you have a vacuum leak and you happen to spray where it's leaking the idle should rise up temporarily. Does the car backfire or anything? When you downshift and let it slow down is it popping excessively? What other possible symptoms is it showing?

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
If you have a vacuum leak and you happen to spray where it's leaking the idle should rise up temporarily.
It's the reverse. A vacuum leak will cause a high idle so if you spray liquid where it's leaking, it'll temporarily seal and the idle speed will drop.
Sounds to me like the engine might be running lean now that it has the extra airflow of the new intake.

·
Registered
781 Posts
try not to over think it, I do that with my car all the time, first things first, vaccum leaks, then play with the timming, could be as simple as that......

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Actually when you spray carb cleaner the idle will rise not fall. The car is going to ingest the carb cleaner and burn it like fuel.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys, ull never guesss what the problem was. my mass air flow sensor was bad. puttin that larger one on without a tune i guess was my problem. i went back to my original and now my car really feels nice. thanks for all the help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts