Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so yesterday my friend and i were just driving around and i made a sudden right into the ford dealership and decided i wanted to test drive the new gt. as soon as i pulled up 3 sales people came running over i guess they heard the car ha. the dude i talked to must have been the worst salesman in the history of car (which you will hear about later.) Anyways i told him i was there to test drive the new mustang gt and i was looking for one with a 5 speed. and he took me to the car. It looked really good (i hate the rear end though). We got in and the guy was asking me about my car and stuff. I told him i had some stuff done to it i didnt care much to talk about it with him i really just wanted to drive. i did however tell him i had 4.10s in it and he with out flinching says "4.10s suck" im not sure why maybe hes a p**sy and doesnt like driving around with the hard shifts. i felt like he was bashing my car though (inside of another mustang). at this point we got up to one of the main roads. and i opened it up. the car felt great i really liked it a lot. the shifts were smooth and out of the factory the car is pretty quick. it didnt feel any faster than my car but i know that with a few hundred bucks it would be a very fast car. i got the impression this guy knew i was a huge mustang guy since he was asking me about mine and i told him this car would be my 3rd car and my 3rd mustang. but even still while sitting at a red light the guy said this " i know im a ford salesman but id pick the camaro over this car any day" i looked over and said dude, im a huge mustang fan and you say that while im test driving a car i could very well buy from you today? (i had absolutely no intention of buying a car but he didnt know that) the dude goes im just saying from one car guy to the next. i let it go

we got up the road some more. regardless of what the guy was saying and his absolute ignorance to sales and to cars i loved the car. still couldnt get over the rear end though. i decided to ask him what he thought of the new challenger and with out a beat the guy started bashing on it and saying its a horrible car and its heavy (which it is, but its a muscle car its supposed to be so who cares) he was telling me his neighbor has one and that he hates it and all this stuff about how it handles like crap and that its slow and then he goes id rather have an american muscle car over that. yes. he said he would rather have an american muscle car over and american muscle car. which completely destroyed his point in the first place and made him looks stupid. all in all i liked the mustang a lot. id rather have the previous body style but i liked the drive a lot the car handled great and felt plenty powerful.

·
Registered
19 Posts
american muscle over that lol but in my opinion he right because camaros, mustangs, and challengers are consider pony cars. but he stupid for sayin american muscle like the car was built in germany or something. he bashed on ur car n the new mustang, so why didnt he just work at a chevy dealers. the back is a lil ugly but its a shorter car then the 05-09 models. did you see the roush n gt500 they look bad ass

·
Registered
175 Posts
glad to see im not the only one who HATES the rear end of the new stangs....sooooooo ugly. the front looks good, the back just destroys the whole thing tho....but the GT500's and roush's look a little better for some reason, but im still not a fan of the new 2010's...

by the way, verdict on the salesman....YEP, HE'S A DOUCHER! hahahaha

·
Registered
874 Posts
+1.... I saw a bunch of them at the 45th anniversary, and I was thinking the same thing. Pretty much everyone there I talked to agreed that the front looked awesome and the rear was a bit weak as far as styling.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think its a great looking car aside from the rear end. the dude was a retard though. regardless of his opinion on the mustang his job is to sell the car and he is supporting the competitor i couldnt believe it ha. he was totally ripping on everything. he was also telling me that to put in subframe connectors you have to remove the entire floor board of the car. i dont think that is true

·
Registered
22 Posts
tbh i think the rear end is a big upgrade from the 05-09 but thats only me...any ways that guy is a complete dumbass

·
Registered
720 Posts
As soon as he said 4:10's sucked I woulda reaced across and slapped him silly. Seeing as you spent probably around$500 to purchase and install them and YOU decided they were good for you to have someone say they suck would be a personal insult. What a crappy salesman, you cant bash your own employer by opting for a camaro over a Mustang. I wouldve told his manager you came in with the intent to purchase the Mustang but instead chose to take the salesman's advice and buy a slomaro, then thanked him for his salesmans knowledge of cars and peeled out.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As soon as he said 4:10's sucked I woulda reaced across and slapped him silly. Seeing as you spent probably around$500 to purchase and install them and YOU decided they were good for you to have someone say they suck would be a personal insult. What a crappy salesman, you cant bash your own employer by opting for a camaro over a Mustang. I wouldve told his manager you came in with the intent to purchase the Mustang but instead chose to take the salesman's advice and buy a slomaro, then thanked him for his salesmans knowledge of cars and peeled out.
ha actually with the 4.10s i got the for "free" insurance money is the s***! I got rear ended and had next to no visible damage. was able to repair myself for free and did the entire install plus a tune and sct tuner for uner $700. and im kind of thinking of getting an 05 gt so maybe ill shoot the manager an email and tell him i was very offended by the salesman but would be interested in a car if the price was right. and funny you mentioned a peel out. i was just about sideways when i pulled out off the lot he could hear my MUSTANG screaming all the way down the street im sure.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Wow great salesman, might as well saved you the time and told you before you got out of your car to go to the Chevy dealer and get one of theose Camaros. I heard the 2010 GT's are smooth. Also not a huge fan of the rear on these, but the front and interior looks fantastic. Also like the stock wheel options. And yes the Roush and GT500 are beautiful seen them a few weeks ago at a show.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.