Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 automatic V6 (Mods in sig) and my friend has what I believe is a 2010 or 2011 GTI heres some pictures:

I know nothing about GTIs really except his year and most others come stock with a turbo. I know he hasn't done anything to upgrade it engine wise (Other than a resonator delete but I doubt that does much but make it sound farty)

I was just curious, if we raced how bad would I get beaten?

I'm just curious, I don't really like testing my speedometer on the streets cause I wanna live lol but out of pure curiosity and might race him as a friendly thing, could I keep up?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
you should get owned.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha I figured that much. I was just curious cause he likes 2 belittle people because he thinks his car is like a Ferrari and everybody else's is like a bicycle.:nono:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
well it aint that huge, but yeah, the new GTI has 200 hp, and 207 lb-ft of torque. 0-60 in 6.8 sec, yeah he should get you. But, let him know that its no Ferrari...

·
Registered
368 Posts
put 15 inch wheels and get a j-mod. subframe connector might be closer

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even with my mods I wouldn't come close? Lol

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
you'll be a lot closer than stock. honestly, it shouldnt be a horrible race on your part.

·
Registered
633 Posts
My friend has a 2010 and we raced. I had him for a little bit when he left it in auto mode but when he started using the paddle shifters, he pulled on me like a mofo. I think with your mods, you should be fairly close, but he'll win

·
Registered
156 Posts
Power-weight you're both about equal. Your gears will help a lot. Get a J-mod and you will probably be faster.

As-is it's a pretty close call. Probably comes down to who has smaller wheels lol.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
His car has 18" rims. And where can I get a J-mod? Am I able 2 install it myself? And how much does it cost?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just gonna get the valve body swap from vap so it's a lot easier... Only $20 more than the install yourself kit.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You might wanna look into getting a Bama tune and 93 oct. It'll give you a boost, about a half second in the long run, but sometimes that's all it takes. Add in a short throw, Bama, and Jmods. I didn't see what you had in though. Plus, that car is 8 years the younger, so your car has aged just a little.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A short throw shifter you mean? I have an auto, and yeah idk I'm not stressing over it cause I'm not 2 much of a racer but it would be fun to give it a little go after my gears are broken in

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He ment it as a compliment guys! My monster amounts of power would twist my chassis coming off the line otherwise!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Wtf? Subframes will not make you faster. If anything, the extra weight will make you slower.
i saw that and hoped that people just didnt pay any attention to that or knew that already lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts