Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had my first race that wasn't one of my friends. Many of my friends have ****** cars and are not really a challenge. well anyways, I was driving on the Berlin Turpike (in CT) and i stopped at a light. this Ford Focus with a loud muffler tip was revving his engine. I didnt want to race since my 2000 V6 is pretty much stock but i wanted to see what i could do. I nodded and we were off. He got off quick but I caught up and blew right by him. it was kinda dusk and when i passed him, he started honking his horn and flashed his lights. I couldnt stop laughing. :laugh: i was my first real race and i won. it was an amazing feeling and now its like a drug. I cant wait for my CAI to come in and my dual exhaust to get installed in the summer. just a little story i thought i would share with my fellow stang racers:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice Kill, against a ford even. Most of the punks who want to race here are in crappy ricers. Most of the guys who have ricers that would be a challenge don't want to race. My only good races have been against a 2006 Dodge Avenger R/T and a 2005 Mustang V6. Both tough races, but I beat them both.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaha tex. you helped me alot with all of my **** so i dedicate that race to you! haha now everyone needs to make me a better driving by giving me tips. i drive an auto by the way. is there any tricks that a beginner wouldnt know?

·
Registered
826 Posts
ya when you take off...put it in Nuetral...rev. it up till it red lines then drop it in drive to take off!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, that whole neutral rev to drive doesnt sound too safe. anything else?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
ya when you take off...put it in Nuetral...rev. it up till it red lines then drop it in drive to take off!
Yes, please do not do that as it will cause major harm on your tranny. You don't want his tranny to fall out during a race would you? I really hope your not racing like that. Foot-brake method is the way the to go:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have to agree with the last guy. I to have an auto and have had good sucess by double footing it were you have one foot on the brake and one on the gas. Rev it up and release the brake right as you start. Practice it a few times so you can get a feel for how much rev will give you a good start without to much burnout.

And yes, Mustangs are a monry pit. If I add up the basic mods I want it's around $1200- $1500. true daul exsaust, tuner, new hood, and repaint. If I really go for which I am seriously considering it could go $4000 or $5000 on top of that to get my engine ready for and to install a SuperCharger.:bigthumbsup

If I do all that I would have a BA car. I woul even be able to smoke GT's and Cobra's:D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah, i know street racing isnt the best thing to do, i need to find a track around here. shinerstang, since you know my area, do you know a track near me for me to race?

·
Registered
824 Posts
will you be providing him with free replacement parts after?
yeah, that whole neutral rev to drive doesnt sound too safe. anything else?
Yes, please do not do that as it will cause major harm on your tranny. You don't want his tranny to fall out during a race would you? I really hope your not racing like that. Foot-brake method is the way the to go:bigthumbsup
....then get a bucket out of your trunk to pick up the pieces of your drivetrain on the road.....:scratchchin

Berlin Turnpike? My old romping grounds.......
I think he was kidding......i hope he was kidding....but still I guess a noobie might take it literal..always get 2 opinions!

it's even better when they want to go and you don't, they get pissed.

I do not condone street racing, keep at the track.
nobody asked you Brett! :hihi:

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I think he was kidding......i hope he was kidding....but still I guess a noobie might take it literal..always get 2 opinions!
I hope he was kidding too

·
Registered
649 Posts
:nono: street racing gets people killed , bottom line. Its more fun at the track anyways.....:bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.