Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've searched for "gauges" and have not found an answer for this. I have the V6 vert and when I have the car on with the headlights OFF my gauge cluster is bright white. Once I turn on the lights it switches to green. My question is: Is there a mod or way (without MyColor) to make the gauges not turn green and stay white? This behavior leads me to believe that ALL mustangs have the correct LED's just nothing to control them without the MyColor option. Surely there is a way to have just the white show; or maybe even one of the other LED's.

Thoughts? I don't want to pay the $300-400 for the dealer to install MyColor after the fact; but I really like the bright white color over the dull green for my gauges.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
The MyColor cars also have the white backround lighting when the lights are off...

There must be some rewireing you can do but the white might be to brite in the dark, even if you rewire it through the dimmer control...??

Just my .02 Euro Cents...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure you could hardwire it; just don't want to rish voiding my warranty over something like that. I wish there was some mod that did it for you in a plug-n-play way.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I did the upgrade to MyColor not just for the color display, but also for the addition of the computer. The monies are worth it if you can do it. You get two additional guages ( Volt and Oil ) as well as the computer that tells you Average MPG, Miles to empty, Trip timer, complete system check, and a few other things that I cannot remember.

I did the upgrade, including the steering wheel swap for a little over $500 installed. All in all I am pleased that I have done it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fryguy_pa said:
I did the upgrade to MyColor not just for the color display, but also for the addition of the computer. The monies are worth it if you can do it. You get two additional guages ( Volt and Oil ) as well as the computer that tells you Average MPG, Miles to empty, Trip timer, complete system check, and a few other things that I cannot remember.

I did the upgrade, including the steering wheel swap for a little over $500 installed. All in all I am pleased that I have done it.
I too would like the info display like on my other cars. I already have the appearance group that includes the shifter and steering wheel; but that's it. I wonder if the dealer can just install the cluster? I've got to go in today and leave the car so they can replace the carpet. I'll ask them then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts